• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Potential POCKETS 5+, at most MAX 12" rain by 18z Sunday. Suggest OBS Tue-Sunday only when exceeding 5". Already at 12z/Wed "tiny" pockets 5-7" I195 NNJ/NYC area

wdrag

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

The front is not pressing as far south as expected yesterday so this could be bad for the area whereas I leaned more central NJ or E PA 24 hours ago

Where is it now and where do you think it stalls?

Yeah that 13z run of HRRR is wild with training right across our area. It gives parts of Middlesex County over 6 inches of rain, but who knows if that's right. HRRR could be overdoing it and of course it's hard for it to tell exactly where the worst will happen. Obviously MAJOR potential for this evening though. Today looks much worse than the remnants of Debby for our area. 

• Like 1

Just now, winterwx21 said:

Yeah that 13z run of HRRR is wild with training right across our area. It gives parts of Middlesex County over 6 inches of rain, but who knows if that's right. HRRR could be overdoing it and it and of course it's hard for it to tell exactly where the worst will happen. Obviously MAJOR potential for this evening though. Today looks much worse than the remnants of Debby for our area. 

I think we'll see those amounts. Where is the question

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Where is it now and where do you think it stalls?

Its about a Danbury to Sussex County line.  I am not sure it makes it much past around New Brunswick by this evening.  I felt yesterday it would clear safely south of the metro by 15-16z.  We should see cells form on it too as early as 17Z, especially NYC east

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WestBabylonWeather said:

That heavy stuff is probably not setting up on LI I bet it shifts 

Seems like a bit of a model battle between there being heavy convection over us or more general heavy rain well north of us along I-90 and more scattered down here. HRRR/RAP are focusing it here vs the NAM and other short range models further north. Whatever fires will have a ton of juice to work with since dewpoints are 75+.

1 minute ago, Stormlover74 said:

Definitely looks like PA will be the place to be for Debby's remnants

Basically gets absorbed into a fairly fast moving cold front-gone from here by mid-day Saturday.  Maybe another inch of rain from that locally

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Definitely looks like PA will be the place to be for Debby's remnants

Maybe so, but still 100+ hrs out, so too early for "definitely." 

As for tonight, HRRR (14Z below) keeps keying in on this area. FWIW (perhaps not much), it seems to have a good handle on the southern extent of the convection in NW PA, whereas some other mesos are further north. 

image.png.7162726fa103b6419c7a3be9cb815913.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mgerb said:

Maybe so, but still 100+ hrs out, so too early for "definitely." 

As for tonight, HRRR (14Z below) keeps keying in on this area. FWIW (perhaps not much), it seems to have a good handle on the southern extent of the convection in NW PA, whereas some other mesos are further north. 

image.png.7162726fa103b6419c7a3be9cb815913.png

Yeah it can still change for sure

11 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

CMC very fast with timing now. It ends the rain a little after midnight Friday night and gives us a dry Saturday. 

Yeah moves out much faster which makes sense as it all gains latitude along with a cold front sweeping east...

• Like 1

Debby remnants look very TS Lee-like and drench the same region. The orographic lift on SE flow will be a big factor too. There might be an area in PA that gets drenched both today and on Fri from Debby. For us after today we have another shot when the front comes back north and as Debby leaves on Sat AM.