• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
Potential POCKETS 5+, at most MAX 12" rain by 18z Sunday. Suggest OBS Tue-Sunday only when exceeding 5". Already at 12z/Wed "tiny" pockets 5-7" I195 NNJ/NYC area

wdrag

May be worth monitoring the area of showers, some very heavy in DE, sePA sw NJ.  Might be (VERY LOOSELY) signs of a PRE.  We'll see if grows as it advances northward tonight through e PA/w NJ.  BIG rains involved there. Weak sfcc boundary with 20C 850 Dewpoints nosing in on se 850 winds lifting a bit over the boundary near the De RVR,  weak RRQ of the 2H jet over New England. Not traditionally located in the power point composite link. 

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/hmt/seminar_files/PRE_NWS_Teletraining.ppt

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Allsnow said:

The landscape/lawns have really came back to life with all this rain. I believe it has rained everyday here since Aug 1 

They definitely have but I'm already getting fungus on my front yard from to much and cooler nights now.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wdrag said:

BEAR, DE. 3.87" on the Wundermap...  everyone else less than 1.5 so far... PHI with the FFW from earlier.

Good heads up on the PRE coming up thru NJ.  Left Rehoboth beach late this morning instead of leaving late this afternoon. Driving conditions appear to be a slow according to current radar.

58 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Good heads up on the PRE coming up thru NJ.  Left Rehoboth beach late this morning instead of leaving late this afternoon. Driving conditions appear to be a slow according to current radar.

Fwiw: I saw multiple 3-4" reports on DEOS northern DE/Chester Cty area of se PA and multiple 5-7.5: reports on wundermap (no quality control of wundermap reports as I think automated home systems tend to run high when rainfall rates are intense).

Friday will be interesting, especially evening bands in PW off 2.5"...  think a few rainfall reports on our area of 1-3" in 1 hr. 

Walt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

Hrrr has a nice line tomorrow late afternoon. Otherwise it's dry most of the day

0z HRRR weakens the line before it gets to us around 5-6pm, but then has some more scattered cells after that. I think some areas will get hit hard tomorrow evening while others miss out, similar to most of the severe weather events this season. Should be an interesting evening even though the event overall isn't what it could have been with Debby's big rains missing us well to the west. 

6 hours ago, Allsnow said:

The landscape/lawns have really came back to life with all this rain. I believe it has rained everyday here since Aug 1 

Yeah this was the 2nd time lawns were on the verge of burnout and then saved this season. I thought they were about toast at the end of May, but then we got enough rain to save them in June. I'm glad landscape/lawns came back to life again. 

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

Yeah this was the 2nd time lawns were on the verge of burnout and then saved this season. I thought they were about toast at the end of May, but then we got enough rain to save them in June. I'm glad landscape/lawns came back to life again. 

Reports of 9-10 inches of rain today in southeast Pa and Newark De 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, wdrag said:

A TOR occurred near Newark DE around 712P.  Philly.com story as well. Nothing major but...

Hey Walt, I'm sure I've said this plenty of times as did others , but thank you so much for your updates and discussions here. You're a true gem of this subforum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Reports of 9-10 inches of rain today in southeast Pa and Newark De 

.50" here with a damn near all day light rain, with heavier pockets mixed in.  Glad we avoided the trouble of big totals, especially after Tuesday.

Very surprised at how the lawn turned around.  Haven't watered once this year and I had some pretty burned out areas.  Looks like a golf course now lol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, winterwx21 said:

0z HRRR weakens the line before it gets to us around 5-6pm, but then has some more scattered cells after that. I think some areas will get hit hard tomorrow evening while others miss out, similar to most of the severe weather events this season. Should be an interesting evening even though the event overall isn't what it could have been with Debby's big rains missing us well to the west. 

I guess there is a slight chance of a severe cell in NE NJ/NYC but it looks like the bulk of the system is even a little farther west.  Maybe the only thing that worries me for the greater NYC metro is that strange "remnant" still down around Charleston...