• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
Potential POCKETS 5+, at most MAX 12" rain by 18z Sunday. Suggest OBS Tue-Sunday only when exceeding 5". Already at 12z/Wed "tiny" pockets 5-7" I195 NNJ/NYC area

wdrag

From poking around into some of the rainfall totals from last evening although not near as widespread as Ida but it seems some rainfall rates and totals approached or exceeded those from IDA.  Very localized though.  Had it been more widespread could have been a serious situation across a large part of this sub forum.  Still quite impressive in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

Many people think a hurricane is coming. Weekend plans are being canceled. People are going to br surprised when all we get is a few showers

And those showers will only be overnight Friday night. Cancelling weekend plans for sunshine and temps in the 80s, lol. Too funny. 

12 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

And those showers will only be overnight Friday night. Cancelling weekend plans for sunshine and temps in the 80s, lol. Too funny. 

I should've said Friday night plans. But I talked to someone this morning who was about to cancel a bday party Saturday afternoon. I told her not to

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stormlover74 said:

Rgem does have a general 1 to 3. Much more than nam

The Canadian models have been on their own with the idea of more significant rain with Debby Friday into Friday night for our area. Today's NAM and GFS and last night's Euro give us only around a half inch. I wouldn't be surprised if some spots get a little more than that with some downpours due to some extra tropical moisture ahead of the front, but it definitely doesn't look like a big deal and we have a great weekend ahead. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

The Canadian models have been on their own with the idea of more significant rain with Debby Friday into Friday night for our area. Today's NAM and GFS and last night's Euro give us only around a half inch. I wouldn't be surprised if some spots get a little more than that with some downpours due to some extra tropical moisture ahead of the front, but it definitely doesn't look like a big deal and we have a great weekend ahead. 

I can’t think of a tropical system ever at our latitude that had more than some scattered rain bands east of the center. I wouldn’t expect more than some breezy showers. It might be a different story inland where the SE winds are in an upslope direction and there might be more organized heavy rain. 

17 minutes ago, WestBabylonWeather said:

I can confirm this. Why is that. 

I've always noticed that the more humid it is outside, the more mosquitoes you see. So I assume we've had our worst summer for mosquitoes because it has been an extremely humid summer. 

1 hour ago, winterwx21 said:

It has been the worst summer ever for mosquitoes here. 

I can confirm and I just was in the hospital for 2 days for a severe staph infection on my legs. I had several bites from when hiking and doing yardwork, which I scratched. May have been while doing yardwork and got dirt on the bites? Either way, it spread quickly and severely. It initially appeared like a poison ivy rash. I assumed that was all it was. I have learned some valuable lessons. All is getting better now though, thank goodness, but I hate mosquitoes.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, BlizzLuv said:

I can confirm and I just was in the hospital for 2 days for a severe staph infection on my legs. I had several bites from when hiking and doing yardwork, which I scratched. May have been while doing yardwork and got dirt on the bites? Either way, it spread quickly and severely. It initially appeared like a poison ivy rash. I assumed that was all it was. I have learned some valuable lessons. All is getting better now though, thank goodness, but I hate mosquitoes.

Sorry to hear that happened, but I'm glad you're doing better. Yeah I hate mosquitoes too. I've been bitten a million times but thankfully it has never caused a problem for me. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gravitylover said:

I have 2 that are growing like mad! They're about 4' tall now. How do you use them to deal with mosquitoes? 

1.75 total here. 

We haven't had an overwhelming amount of mosquitoes yet, like we usually do.  I planted 8, several died, and replanted more, only wound up with 2.   I thought if I had about 6-8 plants on and surrounding my deck, it might deter the hellish beasts?  Walmart had a large 3 wick citronella candle for less than $5, just in case, but its been too hot this summer to really test it out.  Then again, who knows how much active ingredient is actually in the candle?  Amazingly, the 5 years I had an RV, we could sit out at any campground, and our sites were usually water front.  They must have sprayed like crazy... 

• Like 1