• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
Potential POCKETS 5+, at most MAX 12" rain by 18z Sunday. Suggest OBS Tue-Sunday only when exceeding 5". Already at 12z/Wed "tiny" pockets 5-7" I195 NNJ/NYC area

wdrag

7 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

missed the action to my north and south 

Only 0.24" here. The afternoon part of this event ended up mostly missing our area, but we still have a good chance of seeing heavy storms tonight. Radar back in PA looks good. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eduardo said:

StilL just light stuff on the Upper East Side.  The bands are training west-east almost like lake-effect ones in the winter.

Looks pretty rough on the Henry Hudson.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Only 0.35” here today, been largely missed by the heaviest rain

Matter of miles today, and I’m usually on the wrong side of that trade. But I think we’re all going to do well tonight 

26 minutes ago, MANDA said:

Not going out but eyeballing the gauge looks like 2.5" in about 25 minutes!  Still raining hard but not as intense as it was.

Jeez.  We missed the first heavy band, but it just wobbled north into Sparta and now it's coming in buckets.  I can't believe how dark it's gotten, the sky looked quite wild as the deep red returns started filling in.
This is really be something with the storms training over so many locales.  Could be an interesting night.   And to think Debbie isn't even in the picture yet.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Only 0.35” here today, been largely missed by the heaviest rain

Under my second flood warning of the day and I have maybe the same. :lol: 

Had about 5 minutes of heavy rain just before the warning started and now looks like it flipped to north of me getting pounded. 

4 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Not sure if I missed something but maybe a flood emergency in the Bronx? Sure looks rough there to me dependent on already the spotty short duration excessive there.  Not my call and maybe local offices see it with different data.

Most roads are ok. Rain heavy, but lightening up. Not quite as heavy as radar would indicate. Some minor flooding on the Bronx River but was still passable as of 15 minutes ago.

21 minutes ago, jetrz said:

Most roads are ok. Rain heavy, but lightening up. Not quite as heavy as radar would indicate. Some minor flooding on the Bronx River but was still passable as of 15 minutes ago.

Interesting.   I'm thinking cellar apt flooding (absolutely not the king)

Also, 22,000 meters without power in NJ now.  Probably will get worse and reduce sump pump assistance if no generator.  Also,  EC and many models are. behind on what is occurring in NNJ/LI today...  and...18z EC has 50MPH+ gusts in coastal NJ and LI later Friday-Fri night. Uproots and power problems, especially where 5+ this afternoon-Friday evening.

21 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Not sure if I missed something but maybe a flood emergency in the Bronx? Sure looks rough there to me dependent on already the spotty short duration excessive there.  Not my call and maybe local offices see it with different data.

I'd imagine it's close but I also get not wanting to use that extreme warning except for the most catastrophic events. NYC micronets show about 4 -5" in the last couple hrs in the Bx, with rain still falling. Sharp cut off too, rest of the boroughs just quarter to half inch of rain.  My backyard measured 4.5" with heavy rain still falling. There was street flooding deep enough for city buses to take on water.

• Like 1