• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
Potential POCKETS 5+, at most MAX 12" rain by 18z Sunday. Suggest OBS Tue-Sunday only when exceeding 5". Already at 12z/Wed "tiny" pockets 5-7" I195 NNJ/NYC area

wdrag

11 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

GFS and Euro now fairly run of the mill for rainfall around here 3-4 inches over 5 days won't cause that much in the way of trouble...and the west trend may not be done yet

Run of the mill isn't 4 inches 

11 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

GFS and Euro now fairly run of the mill for rainfall around here 3-4 inches over 5 days won't cause that much in the way of trouble...and the west trend may not be done yet

Id gladly take that.   Why root for copious amounts of rain in such a short time?

7 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Run of the mill isn't 4 inches 

For a tropical system?   Not really a big deal over several days other than some urban or small stream issues....  7 or 10 inches like earlier runs yes.    Need to watch for trends but today has shown a west and quicker trend....notice the 20 inch totals in GA/SC have reduced now that the storm will move out of there quicker.

• Like 5
  • Weenie 2

21 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Euro is further west with the remnants of Debbie Saturday 

We'll have to see if we're starting a west trend with the very big rain amounts staying to the west in PA. That's what I'm hoping for. A nice 2 to 3 inch soaking would be good, but I don't want a major flooding event around here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

We'll have to see if we're starting a west trend with the very big rain amounts staying to the west in PA. That's what I'm hoping for. A nice 2 to 3 inch soaking would be good, but I don't want a major flooding event around here. 

and many do not carry flood insurance so a crazy event of 10 inches would cause alot of hardship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Yup. You’re are probably watering the lawn by this weekend in CT 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Allsnow said:

Yup. You’re are probably watering the lawn by this weekend in CT 

Not quite but if this tracks up through PA the PRE event would likely be the bigger of the 2 events for those east of the track

15 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

IMG_0270.png

If the center is over Trenton NJ like that it would be very heavy rain for the Poconos/Catskills, a Tropical Storm Lee type scenario. All that high PW air would slam into the front west of the storm plus orographic lift and give them big problems. 

• Like 2

Just now, jm1220 said:

If the center is over Trenton NJ like that it would be very heavy rain for the Poconos/Catskills, a Tropical Storm Lee type scenario. All that high PW air would slam into the front west of the storm plus orographic lift and give them big problems. 

Vermont is waterlogged already-Lee was a disaster up there-this would be as bad if not worse

• Like 1