• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
2024-2025 Ski season Thread

Skivt2

What do folks have for passes?  We have Indy, Epic Northeast midweek value passes and Killington passes. Hopefully it’s a good year because two of each of those set me back a few $’s.

I’m psyched. Just retired from teaching and hope to at least triple my number of ski days haha. Midweek skiing finally! I have Ikon and Jiminy Peak Zepher (only 30 min from my new house). Looking forward to running over there for a few runs here and there to watch the sunset before the lights kick on. Or when it’s snowing.

• Like 6

What do folks have for passes?  We have Indy, Epic Northeast midweek value passes and Killington passes. Hopefully it’s a good year because two of each of those set me back a few $’s.

Jay obviously, and I’ve switched to ikon now for the 3rd year in a row. Epic northeast is really a great value, but the only mountain I miss is Stowe, which I’ll still do at least a one day pass. I like the western ikon spots better and I justify the northeast by:
Windam over Hunter
Stratton over mt snow
Killington over okemo
Plus a day or two at sugarbush and the option of the big two Maine resorts.

The one I still want to get to not on the big passes is saddleback. Constantly hear good things about the glades there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bwt3650 said:

Jay obviously, and I’ve switched to ikon now for the 3rd year in a row. Epic northeast is really a great value, but the only mountain I miss is Stowe, which I’ll still do at least a one day pass. I like the western ikon spots better and I justify the northeast by:
Windam over Hunter
Stratton over mt snow
Killington over okemo
Plus a day or two at sugarbush and the option of the big two Maine resorts.

The one I still want to get to not on the big passes is saddleback. Constantly hear good things about the glades there.

Is saddleback on Indy?  I thought I remembered that.  Anyway, we used to buy Killington 365 which gave us an Icon base with our Killington pass.  We don’t mountain bike or golf much.  We live in Plymouth so it’s about 13 minutes to the Killington Skyship from our house.  We ended up not really even using Icon to go to Sugarbush much as we have been total homebodies lately.  My dad is 81 and when he goes Skiing he likes Okemo these days.  Okemo opens with better conditions lately then Killington given the focus Killington has on the World Cup early season.  Okemo is 20 minutes or less from our house.  Finally, the 365 upgrade was costing us about the same as the midweek northeast values pass.  So though I really can’t see myself skiing an Epic mountain on a weekend, we picked up the midweek epic for a little over $400 each to ski early season a couple times, meet up with my dad, and maybe take a few spins in the afternoon on a few weekdays randomly.  The bonus is having 5 tickets to Stowe midweek in case we get adventurous.

On 8/2/2024 at 11:16 PM, Skivt2 said:

I grabbed Ikon this year. Excited to change it up a bit and do some Killington and Stratton trips.

A bunch of friends and I booked a house in Niseko for the end of February/early March for some JaPow. Can't wait.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I grabbed Ikon this year. Excited to change it up a bit and do some Killington and Stratton trips.

A bunch of friends and I booked a house in Niseko for the end of February/early March for some JaPow. Can't wait.

Thats my #1 bucket list spot.  Just to see the Japanese culture mixed with ski culture… add in insane snowfall with the best terrain/consistent pitch and incredible tree-skiing… I’m jealous here.

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Thats my #1 bucket list spot.  Just to see the Japanese culture mixed with ski culture… add in insane snowfall with the best terrain/consistent pitch and incredible tree-skiing… I’m jealous here.

Yeah everything I've seen looks incredible. Excited to check it out.

Is saddleback on Indy?  I thought I remembered that.  Anyway, we used to buy Killington 365 which gave us an Icon base with our Killington pass.  We don’t mountain bike or golf much.  We live in Plymouth so it’s about 13 minutes to the Killington Skyship from our house.  We ended up not really even using Icon to go to Sugarbush much as we have been total homebodies lately.  My dad is 81 and when he goes Skiing he likes Okemo these days.  Okemo opens with better conditions lately then Killington given the focus Killington has on the World Cup early season.  Okemo is 20 minutes or less from our house.  Finally, the 365 upgrade was costing us about the same as the midweek northeast values pass.  So though I really can’t see myself skiing an Epic mountain on a weekend, we picked up the midweek epic for a little over $400 each to ski early season a couple times, meet up with my dad, and maybe take a few spins in the afternoon on a few weekdays randomly.  The bonus is having 5 tickets to Stowe midweek in case we get adventurous.

No argument about okemo. They have been killing it in the snowmaking department the last couple years. One of the more reliable, early season spots when conditions get iffy. I just don’t love the terrain enough to justify it.

• Like 1

Love the Japan pics! On my bucket list as well. 

Love ski season!  Can’t come soon enough! August was always when Skiing and Powder magazines showed up.  Teenage me got so pumped! 

I have Epic northeast value pass, Indy pass,  and my Berkshire summit employee pass. If I go west I may upgrade my epic or use Indy. 

I used my epic pass last season a whole lot more than I used my ikon pass several years ago. I’m only 45 mins to Mount snow so it makes more sense.  Stratton doesn’t push the needle for the extra 20 min drive. Stowe is a bonus for me. Okemo is an ok early season option.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...