• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Hurricane Debby

The longer you loop the satellite images the better you can see how's it's turning etc. It's got the counter spin starting/ going.  But where exactly that center is I deft thing is east of where they say it was. 

13 minutes ago, wthrmn654 said:

I think I got out,  80W 20N near that area I think it's spinning around ...

Someone else please verify

Weren't you supposed to take a breather today? :P

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

49 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

I’m wondering the same thing, but equally, does it feel the weakness to the north as soon if it’s much further south? It seems like if it can consolidate there, we’d be more likely to see more wnw movement and less interaction with Cuba - likely only the low elevation western tip. 

That was the Euro solution at 12z yesterday

37 minutes ago, Normandy said:

Think they might need to pull the trigger soon.  Lots of low level turning now and A good deal south of Cuba too. 

I see the turning down between Cuba and Jamaica near the Caymans.  Bit I can also convince myself there is loose turning centered on the S coast of Cuba or just inland.  If PTC 4 looks like this tomorrow, I don't think they'll upfrade without either a defined recon center of satellite being very obvious.  Watches and warnings already up with PTC advisories.

1 minute ago, TradeWinds said:

Is the blob everyone is focused on the one just NW of Jamaica? That seems like a typical MCS that pop up with unorganized systems. The recent blowup of convection on the southern tip of Cuba has my attention. 

Earlier, yes, but the area south of Cuba certainly looks more impressive now. 

• Like 1

Hurricane  models starting to get frisky on strengthening. 18z runs of HAFS and HMON have Debby sub-990 mb when making landfall on Big Bend. Unfortunately, it's also showing a very Idalia-like track. Those folks just can't take another hit, even from a strong TS/Cat 1 hurricane. 18z GFS also was stronger than prior runs with a 997 mb Florida landfall. Something to monitor as models get a better fix on the center. 

maybe someone with knowledge can answer this, but was it that huge spin to the east in the ocean?? dry air? 
GOES16-CAR-08-1000x1000.gif

That's a mid-to-upper level low. No relationship directly on steering flow. Perhaps some displacement to hell exhaust upper outflow. But very minimal.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Windspeed said:

That's a mid-to-upper level low. No relationship directly on steering flow. Perhaps some some displacement to hell exhaust upper outflow. But very minimal.

non the less very cool looking