• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Hurricane Debby

12Z Euro, which is strongest yet into the FL Big Bend, goes offshore at Brunswick and then becomes the strongest in many runs offshore the SE US with a 988 mb H. Then it turns back W and hits CHS, SC, on THU as a 989 mb H before going well inland and weakening.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GaWx said:

12Z Euro, which is strongest yet into the FL Big Bend, goes offshore at Brunswick and then becomes the strongest in many runs offshore the SE US with a 988 mb H. Then it turns back W and hits CHS, SC, on THU as a 989 mb H before going well inland and weakening.

I’d love to see what the EPS does. The op waffling doesn’t inspire confidence. Also, really good call day ago about this going into the eastern Gulf. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12Z Euro says not just a H hit at CHS but also a rainfall flooding disaster quite possible SAV to Georgetown, SC, with 10”+ amounts and inland a bit especially SC Lowcountry. Keep in mind that that area has had well above normal rainfall the last 2 weeks. Hopefully this run is way off.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cptcatz said:

It almost looks like a low level circulation is forming halfway between Cuba and Jamaica. That would be a pretty big shift south and likely west. 

Cuban radar looks like broad circulation but generally centered over the land mass. 

12 minutes ago, GaWx said:

12Z Euro says not just a H hit at CHS but also a rainfall flooding disaster quite possible SAV to Georgetown, SC, with 10”+ amounts and inland a bit especially SC Lowcountry. Keep in mind that that area has had well above normal rainfall the last 2 weeks. Hopefully this run is way off.

That seems to be the main threat with this (hvy rains)-with so much time over land masses hard to see how it becomes a strong/windy storm.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

That seems to be the main threat with this (hvy rains)-with so much time over land masses hard to see how it becomes a strong/windy storm.

I agree that the very heavy rain threat is as of now the biggest danger from this. But even if you have just TS winds, the tree uprooting would be very bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GaWx said:

Maybe I'm looking at wrong Euro, but the 12z run I see is 1007 mb at landfall? 

29 minutes ago, beanskip said:

Maybe I'm looking at wrong Euro, but the 12z run I see is 1007 mb at landfall? 

No, I see 989 at CHS. I don’t know what you’re looking at.

• Like 1

Just looking at 90 frames satellite view, it's starting to get that counter clockwise spin going and last few frames is deft got some explosion going on near it's estimated center which maybe getting over water now. 

29 minutes ago, beanskip said:

Sorry, I'm talking Florida landfall. You said "strongest yet into the Big Bend" -- was trying to reconcile that. 

Ok. Yes, you’re correct. 1007 mb into Big Bend. Strongest yet into Big Bend.

• Like 1

If the center is indeed over water at this point, guidance is going to be playing catch up majorly. The blowup of convection to the east of the Caymans is worrisome. It’s been consistent for hours and it makes me wonder if a new llc may end up becoming dominant in that location. 

If the center is indeed over water at this point, guidance is going to be playing catch up majorly. The blowup of convection to the east of the Caymans is worrisome. It’s been consistent for hours and it makes me wonder if a new llc may end up becoming dominant in that location. 
Hard not to notice. Wouldn't hurt to have a flight investigate south of the Cuban landmass. The idea here is that the overall circulation remains broad, which is mostly over Cuba. If a specific location persists with deep convection long enough, the localized surface convergence under it might at least form a new mid level circulation. If such remains convective, a new low-level vortex could eventually spawn as well. Just have to keep an eye on that feature as that would open the door for a much higher ceiling for intensification prior to land interaction with NW Cuba.
5fe1e5d4974f0e79376ab01da442fdff.gif
  • Like 3

Yea I was going to say,  the consolidation looks to be happening just east of grand cayman.  Would a stronger storm initially be influenced to hook more hard right in this setup?

15 minutes ago, Normandy said:

Yea I was going to say,  the consolidation looks to be happening just east of grand cayman.  Would a stronger storm initially be influenced to hook more hard right in this setup?

I’m wondering the same thing, but equally, does it feel the weakness to the north as soon if it’s much further south? It seems like if it can consolidate there, we’d be more likely to see more wnw movement and less interaction with Cuba - likely only the low elevation western tip.