• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Hurricane Debby

Convection is blowing up to the southwest of Hispaniola but it still looks like there's at least a mid level spin to the north circled here. I think this is more of a nowcasting event until a real center forms because until then the models seem to have no idea what's going on. 

Screenshot_20240801_182940_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Happy hour GFS would nuke this board for days with the Gulf Stream stall then hesitant crawl towards NC 

Reminiscent of Florence with the crawl inland crushing Wilmington (although it seems most model outputs are pretty low impact once you get away from the coast )

here was the 12z ensembles for gfs euro and cmc  shows the general track idea..

looking at the hurricane models forecast versus actual track... the hurricane models all started north of land so there way off course... 

12_AVNO_enstrack_0.png

12_ECMF_enstrack_0.png

12_CMC_enstrack_0.png

Interesting that both the GFS and Euro ensembles get to SAV with two different tracks.  Since the Euro goes wide left to get back to the right, that means it's speed is greater and ends up being picked up by the trough in the same manner as it nears the FL coast.  The real weather is that the W coast of FL gets heavy rain in the GFS solution, while the Euro seems to stall out between 96 and 120.  Honestly this far out, I'm impressed that the models have similar outcomes.  The evolution of a low level center and data ingestion over the next 24-36 hours will give us more clarity in this storm.  

8 minutes ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

18Z GEFS have fewer stalls on the Gulf Coast, although I see some perturbations that get off the coast SEUSA, then start meandering or even turning back in at 6 days.

I noticed that it never gets to OBX but meanders back WSW to SW to the SC coast.  The slow drift SW rarely seems to work out for that long of a time period so this smells like a model waffle until better data comes along.

22 minutes ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

18Z GEFS have fewer stalls on the Gulf Coast, although I see some perturbations that get off the coast SEUSA, then start meandering or even turning back in at 6 days.

EDIT TO ADD:  Some interesting members at 6 days turning back in from the Atlantic towards the Mid Atlantic.

We see these kinds of weenie runs every year. It almost always corrects to a NE heading.

• Like 7