• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Hurricane Debby

The eye is wonky on radar, making the overall motion hard to follow, but I'm looking at TBW and I think it is moving NE or even ENE.

I think the place where NHC is called Alligator Point.  I'm pretty sure Debby goes inland E of there.  I still think mid-Cat 2 is possible, but if it is more E than forecast, it should have less time over water to do anything too spectacular.

Eastern eyewall is much stronger. Nearly all chaser reports from steinhatchee north are tame. Meanwhile horseshoe beach measuring gusts to 100 and I am sure Suwannee and cross city are getting raked. This thing really came together. Pretty structure this morning, eye clearing out on all satellite loops. 

Come on guys Deb is gettin stronger and rain is really piling up in FL! Man we gotta track this storm, keep good track of the mounting rain tallies! Have we got any chasers in places like Hilton Head where the torrential rain is gonna wash everything away like the 40 day flood? C'Mon guys we gotta keep track of Debby! She is gonna get way out of control with all that rain!

It is all hands on deck up in here!

Look, you can sleep when you're dead!

• Like 3
  • Weenie 3

1 hour ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Eastern eyewall is much stronger. Nearly all chaser reports from steinhatchee north are tame. Meanwhile horseshoe beach measuring gusts to 100 and I am sure Suwannee and cross city are getting raked. This thing really came together. Pretty structure this morning, eye clearing out on all satellite loops. 

Steinhatchee would've been a great center intercept call despite all the wobbling last night. Like you said, eastern side looks very well organized. Now we wait to see when and where it leaves the coast. A lot more rain coming to Florida…

1 hour ago, olafminesaw said:

GFS takes a big step North towards the Euro 

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_18 (1).png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_17.png

All Debby had to do was landfall :lol: 

The 6z Icon keeps the track inland through PA NY and NE. This would mean a lot more impact for the Mid Atlantic and New England.

Also note that both the gfs and Icon both handle the NS differently on their 6z runs and show an amped up troff over the great lakes, which allows for this track.

5 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

Debby continues to show cold cloud tops firing over the core although being inland. Can also see the fetch of heavy rain off the Atlantic about to slam into the South Carolina coast. 

If you take a look at the 850 moisture transport map on the SPC mesoanalysis, there's a huge fetch of Atlantic and Caribbean moisture coming into the Carolinas. Really impressive to watch.

• Like 4