• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Hurricane Debby

Debby's core appears to have wrapped banding around the MLC, a sign that it is mixing out stable airmass. Remains to be seen if the core band will intensify now into a closed eyewall, but Debby does appear to be improving structurally. The small pseudo-eye feature remains. In fact, it has evolved into concentric rings. That inner band may actually collapse pretty fast if the stronger outer band takes off and intensifies. At any rate, Debby is most likely nearing hurricane intensity.0831663d5596f5e2dafa93b47cecb993.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, beanskip said:

Super unimpressive first recon pass -- didn't even find pressure as low as the current advisory. 

Yea recon kinda aligns with what I posted about a little while ago. The dry air it sucked in earlier is entrained in the core. Storms are firing and not sustaining. Downdrafts are probably affecting the stability of any cohesive eyewall at the moment. Due to the overall improvement of the cyclones structure, I doubt dry air is still getting into the circulation, but it’s dealing with the effects from earlier. This will eventually mix out but until it does the storm will struggle. You can kinda see the popcorn storms within the CDO on satellite illustrating this. Recon timed it perfectly for when the most recent eyewall collapse occurred so it’s probably in a wind minimum at the moment.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

From the 8 PM NHC position graphic you can clearly see its east of forecast position. Have to see the impacts that has down the line. May imply Debby gets further out into the Atlantic than currently forecast. Gets far enough over the water might lesson the flooding threat a tad for coastal SC, but more potential to restrengthen. Would also have a bit less time to strength before the initial landfall.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wthrmn654 said:

Teal and noaa are in the storm, teal doesnt apear to be doing dropsondes. 

image.thumb.png.ea19ffe3250ca17386efd4af29cc5dea.png

How in the world are all these flights still landing at TPA???  There are a couple of AA flights basically in the storm!  No chance in hell I'm on that one.  

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, wthrmn654 said:

whoever just mentioned the planes.. looking at some of them trying to land now.. some had to do holding patterns int he gulf area i guess waiting in line... but stilll thats where its wild now...

Exactly.  Those folks are probably screaming at this point.  If you were on AA 1788 from PHX to TPA, I want to interview you!  :lol:

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Exactly.  Those folks are probably screaming at this point.  If you were on AA 1788 from PHX to TPA, I want to interview you!  :lol:

flight UAL 1710 us flying into the storm, north of the eye a little bit, towards tampa, it looks like 23,000 feet and dropping, now that must be a flight!