• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Hurricane Debby

Just now, NotSureWeather said:

I honestly like the posts and all the graphics they are sharing. I would recommend however maybe consolidating 3 or 4 one image posts into one big one instead.

Yeah,  I didn't wanna overload anyone cellphones by doing that but I might. Depends on time etc. 

6 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

I freaking love watching these things strengthen inside radar range. We’ve gotten to see every stage of this one’s development on US radar. Excellent weather entertainment. This definitely looks like a hurricane now and one that’s wrapping up quickly 

Yep.  A long loop can be created documenting all phases.  genesis, vortex coupling, failed and successful intensification attempts, and finally now its RI cycle.

45 minutes ago, wthrmn654 said:

Yeah,  I didn't wanna overload anyone cellphones by doing that but I might. Depends on time etc. 

it’s generally how most posters will do multiple images. I would not worry about the data, it’s 2024, most people have unlimited 5G.

edit - I put it I would instead of would not accidentally.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Normandy said:

Really starting to crank now.  Velocities on radar starting to increase.  multiple convective blow ups occurring.

Oh my! I see so much dry air coming in! It may bring the end of the constant rain where I live (arrow). The wind is picking up and at some point the tide will come in. Yet we may even see some sky tonight before it gets dark.

image.thumb.png.1af68a61066a1df7365329b4dc6fe5c9.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Prospero said:

Oh my! I see so much dry air coming in! It may bring the end of the constant rain where I live (arrow). The wind is picking up and at some point the tide will come in. Yet we may even see some sky tonight before it gets dark.

image.thumb.png.1af68a61066a1df7365329b4dc6fe5c9.png

I think you will see most of that fill in.

• Like 1

Just now, Prospero said:

Being pounded right now. Best TS in the past few years for watching.

One of the amazing things about this storm is that it is happening on a Sunday during the day. The last daytime storm I can remember might be Debby from 2012. At least a dozen Tropical Storms and Hurricanes have passed by here after dark which is no fun to watch.

All day since I woke up I have been watching and enjoying the wind and rain. Tonight will likely be worse, but at least I got to see the sideways rain and our trees dance. ;)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Prospero said:

The last daytime storm I can remember might be Debby from 2012.

My son was 14 in 2012 and we were vacationing at Pink Shell Resort in Ft. Myers Beach. He made is Weather Channel debut when they showed a live shot of him bouncing around on a water trampoline in the middle of that Debby.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Prospero said:

Strongest band of the day over us right now. If it were not for Duke Energy replacing all the poles in town last year after Idalia, our power would already be out for days. As it is right now, if we do not lose power tonight me and my wife will be very happy indeed!

We have our flashlights and battery operated fans on hand. The fridge is stocked with beer to be cold. In fact, I will restock what I have had this afternoon...

Wooo doggie! It's a blowin' out there!

If Houston gets unlucky, at least some of the poles are new, and they had out of state tree cutting crews.  Back when CenterPoint was part of REliant HL&P, I'd see tree trimming crews cutting limbs close to power lines, but that stopped at least a decade ago.  That Debby is now wrapping moisture around the entire core, now is the time for intensification, even RI.

1 hour ago, wthrmn654 said:

She moist in the center now

6.2 µm - "Upper-level Water Vapor" Band - 2 km resolutionimage.png.401a5a212ddc0fe80c2bd3be7a3ad100.png

20242171340-20242171910-ABI-AL042024-08-

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

That Debby is now wrapping moisture around the entire core, now is the time for intensification, even RI.

Feels like intensification here. During the next break in rain I'll go out and close the remaining two hurricane shutters facing west that I did not expect we'd need to close. But late tonight when the winds change direction there may be some debris flying around.

I am sure the storm surge tomorrow will open some eyes.

Some light rain and wind here, I’m at work over in the new port Richey area now. Wind picks up here and there but haven’t seen any big rain bands since around 1230 and nothing that would cause any leaves or branches to come off trees. Seems isolated to the coast. We are about 15-20 miles inland here. Supposedly it’s supposed to pick up over the next few hours but we will see. Still seems like most of the heavy stuff has been to the south and off the coast

0ba7a58b5f1a28de28a34c5b640aca20.jpg

4 minutes ago, Prospero said:

Was just coming to say visible looks like it’s trying to clear a center and get the inner walls going.

It has had the circulation for a bit on radar but it’s been unable to clear a center or get the souther part going.

3 minutes ago, Prospero said:

It looks like it. The organizational trend has been consistent through the day after the earlier dry air intrusion. Still don’t quite have deep convection fully wrapped but that’s probably not as much as an inhibitor as earlier.

oI9JgUf.png

Meanwhile on the model front the GFS keeps driving this well south of other guidance. Very big spread at a fairly short lead. They’re going  in opposite directions lol.

9ybQLWQ.png

K3rOmQq.png

8 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It looks like it. The organizational trend has been consistent through the day after the earlier dry air intrusion. Still don’t quite have deep convection fully wrapped but that’s probably not as much as an inhibitor as earlier.

oI9JgUf.png

Meanwhile on the model front the GFS keeps driving this well south of other guidance. Very big spread at a fairly short lead. They’re going  in opposite directions lol.

9ybQLWQ.png

K3rOmQq.png

That is a massive difference between them. Crazy to think with it being this close to landfall.

1 minute ago, senc30 said:

That is a massive difference between them. Crazy to think with it being this close to landfall.

It’s pretty unusual. The NHC track tells us where we think this is headed though. I really do think it’s a close call on whether this gets back into the Atlantic long enough and in a structural condition that allows for meaningful reintensification. Where this makes landfall I. Florida probably has downstream impacts for the Carolinas. 

• Like 2