• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
August Banter 2024

JenkinsJinkies

The Ravens uncanny bad luck keeping CBs healthy continues. And it got worse last night. Harbaugh being dumb also contributed. Why was he still playing in the third quarter after the display he put on in the first half?

Rookie CB Nate Wiggins’ shoulder injury creates uneasy feeling for Ravens

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5692287/2024/08/10/ravens-nate-wiggins-injury-preseason/

Hope this is in the right forum, my apologies in advance if it's not.  I'm looking to go to Gravelly Point possibly this Friday, I enjoy watching the planes come in and remember doing this as a kid.  After that visiting the Lincoln Memorial and/or the International Spy Museum, and maybe finishing up at The Wharf for some grub.  My expected arrival down would be maybe 9-10am.  Any thoughts on parking and best way to get to the other points of interest?  Not fond of the metro/subway and would prefer to drive and park, or even walk to stated locations.  Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

1 hour ago, Chris78 said:

This Rogers trade really seems to be working out well for the Os. :lol:

Mediocre spare part.. The starting pitching injuries are going to be the death of this team. Hopefully Grayson gets back in a few weeks. Outside of him and Burnes we mostly have a bunch of number 5 starters/middle relief guys. Suarez is our number 3, and he has been solid in relief as well. Kimbrel should be relegated to mop up, on a night like tonight.

6 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Mediocre spare part.. The starting pitching injuries are going to be the death of this team. Hopefully Grayson gets back in a few weeks. Outside of him and Burnes we mostly have a bunch of number 5 starters/middle relief guys. Suarez is our number 3, and he has been solid in relief as well. Kimbrel should be relegated to mop up, on a night like tonight.

Pitching and their lack of situational hitting. They have a high powered offense when things are rolling but they really struggle with moving runners over, hitting sack flies, etc. 

Basically all the stuff you need to do to when in October.

2 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Pitching and their lack of situational hitting. They have a high powered offense when things are rolling but they really struggle with moving runners over, hitting sack flies, etc. 

Basically all the stuff you need to do to when in October.

But even their power numbers are down quite a bit from earlier this season. Far fewer homers since the break outside Santander and maybe Cowser.

21 hours ago, CAPE said:

Eflin is definitely not a 5th starter type, but outside of him, Burnes and Grayson we don't have much. Although Suarez has been a stud. 

• Like 1

Its dry as a popcorn fart in south central Texas, and numerous cities around the country are casually beating our rain total this year. We have 37 inches. This will not happen again for quadrillions of years. We are still frantically mowing our grass. I enjoyed being ahead. Now everyone is beating us so bad. Even Death Valley will surpass us by Christmas.

In a La Nina year the entire country will be 200 percent wetter than normal, except south central Texas. That's just the way it is. We are getting beaten so bad its worse than a certain lady getting a record number of electoral votes. Every community in America is beating Buda THAT BADLY with rain tallies!

Its too bad I cant go live in Cherrapunji, India.

Damn. No one will know, how dry I am.

On a different note, the recession is now SO BAD, I may have to get rid of my 20 year old message board. This is super bad, I may never recover for ever, not even with 79000 feet of champaign powder in Palisades Tahoe.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yoda said:

It's an amazing hire. Poch's style is much more aggressive that we've been used to seeing - a high press with quick counters in a 4-2-3-1, a formation which suits our players quite well. The concern will be that it's hard to instill that style in players who are only in camp for a limited period of time, but he's a good enough coach to adjust as needed.

As a Spurs and US fan, I'm absolutely ecstatic about this!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, mattie g said:

It's an amazing hire. Poch's style is much more aggressive that we've been used to seeing - a high press with quick counters in a 4-2-3-1, a formation which suits our players quite well. The concern will be that it's hard to instill that style in players who are only in camp for a limited period of time, but he's a good enough coach to adjust as needed.

As a Spurs and US fan, I'm absolutely ecstatic about this!

Agreed.  Anything better than the status quo, but finally a coach that can utilize the strengths of the team with the amount of skill that the US currently has.  Should do wonders for Renya, Balogun, Puliscic, etc. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Agreed.  Anything better than the status quo, but finally a coach that can utilize the strengths of the team with the amount of skill that the US currently has.  Should do wonders for Renya, Balogun, Puliscic, etc. 

Exactly.

He's also just a great person, which I think will endear him to lots of people as the World Cup hype starts ramping up as we get closer to 2026.

• Like 1

I was on work travel to Flagstaff, AZ, this past week. Noticeable how much everything has greened up here. On a different note, I think Flagstaff has my ideal climate. Lots of snow and never really gets to 90. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I was on work travel to Flagstaff, AZ, this past week. Noticeable how much everything has greened up here. On a different note, I think Flagstaff has my ideal climate. Lots of snow and never really gets to 90. 

So my wife and I did the cross-country driving trip to Grand Canyon and back to NoVA last July/August. We drove from west TX into NM, and then into AZ...which was pretty much rock and desert...and then, just before we turned off of I-40 to go north to the Grand Canyon...we rode through the OASIS of Flagstaff, AZ. As East Coasters...it was such a relief to see pine trees, and deciduous trees...and TREES, at all.  :D  Flagstaff was a very pretty area.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vastateofmind said:

So my wife and I did the cross-country driving trip to Grand Canyon and back to NoVA last July/August. We drove from west TX into NM, and then into AZ...which was pretty much rock and desert...and then, just before we turned off of I-40 to go north to the Grand Canyon...we rode through the OASIS of Flagstaff, AZ. As East Coasters...it was such a relief to see pine trees, and deciduous trees...and TREES, at all.  :D  Flagstaff was a very pretty area.

Did exact same drive about 15 years ago. Enjoyed the differences in the local Flagstaff climate. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

I was in the area that was void of trees for 5 years. I will never take rain, grass, and trees ever for granted again :wacko:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CAPE said:

The Os offense needs to snap out of this inconsistent mode. With all the injuries/other shortcomings with the pitching staff, this team won't go far unless the bats get going again, especially situational hitting.

With all the injuries the bull pen is a real mess since Kimbrel seems cooked.

Can't really see them going far in the playoffs with this bull pen and the inability to move runners over , hit sac flies, etc. 

As currently constructed they don't seem to do thr stuff it takes to go deep in October.

Not sure if that's on players or coaches but I can definitely see them swept away in a short wild card series 

Just now, Chris78 said:

That's true.

But They've been mediocre since the beginning of June.

About a .500 team.

About half the season

And so have the top 6 teams in baseball. Now this is from August 8th, but not a tone has changed in terms of winning percentage of these teams. So basically it's been a mid-off since June, lol But that's actually good news--it means we still have time to get our act together!

Screenshot_20240808_194840_X.jpg

15 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

And so have the top 6 teams in baseball. Now this is from August 8th, but not a tone has changed in terms of winning percentage of these teams. So basically it's been a mid-off since June, lol But that's actually good news--it means we still have time to get our act together!

Screenshot_20240808_194840_X.jpg

Not sure they can fix their Bull pen.

Watching the Yankees tonight Their bull pen looks lock down compared to the Os