Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
August Banter 2024

JenkinsJinkies

12 hours ago, mattie g said:

Was on hold with American Airlines for over 1.5 hours to try to reschedule our flight out of HHI on Tuesday…and the call simply hung up out of nowhere.

I’m not concerned at all about postponing our departure (I’ll just cancel and rebook if I have to), but I just want to say…fuck all these companies that no longer actually have customer service but charge more than ever for their services. Fuck. Them. All.

Totally feel your frustration. I also hate when you’re finally navigated to customer service to the other side of the globe.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Totally feel your frustration. I also hate when you’re finally navigated to customer service to the other side of the globe.

Thanks. It was frustrating because I was willing to wait, but then to get hung up on and then have to go back into the queue is just bullshit.

Called again last night and was told that the wait would be more than two hours. I hung up, cancelled our flights home, and rebooked for Friday on the credit card - didn't want to risk getting stuck flying through Chicago on Sunday or something. We'll just use the American credits for another flight in the future.

Flights into and out of HHH are already cancelled, so I think it was the right (if annoying) call. Thank God I really like my in-laws and don't mind staying with them for a few more days. :lol:

• Haha 2

Got invited to the ams community conference today. First time attending one of these. Interesting discos centered around data/AI and topping off with how to improve nwp as well as public/private collaboration.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

They needed that win last night badly 

Tuesday nights game was probably the worst game of Hydes career with the Os.

Lots of head scratching decisions 

Got to scratch out a win tonight. Good teams need to take 2 of 3 on the road from inferior competition.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Interstate said:

Give Tony his money.  I dont mind watching a great Orioles team for 4 years before the next rebuild.

Tony replacement is Kjerstad. And tony being wrong side of 30 for a power hitter. I wouldn't do any long term deal more then 2-3 years which I am sure he will easily get on FA.

4 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Yup. None event here so far. The wind is gusting to 40 here. For everyone concerned. The ladies are fine so far. Big ole cannabis plants whipping around in the tropical winds this morning. 

Curious...how tall do they typically get? Are they at or below their normal height/growth this year due to drier conditions?

9 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Curious...how tall do they typically get? Are they at or below their normal height/growth this year due to drier conditions?

There's no effect from the drought due to irrigation. These strains I'm growing typically grow very large. They're 8-9 feet tall this morning. They'll probably get 11-12 tall. I'd say they are probably above average size due to my green thumb lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 09-10 analogy said:

For all the dismay about the O's rather mediocre last month, according to Statcast, the 2024 O's rank number 8 in team offense *of all time*, according to the adjusted OPS+ metric. 

https://stathead.com/tiny/ssGZd

Right there with the Big Red Machine from the 70s. Anthony is a big part of that. 

Good stuff, though I’d like to see some better defense rather than the recent sloppy infield play.