• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
August Banter 2024

JenkinsJinkies

It’s August now- time for my winter forecast for coastal Delaware- I don’t care about the rest of the region and I know you don’t care about mine- lol.  Each year has a catch phrase or dominant feature- this winter that feature will be a Bermuda high.  December will be way above normal temp wise like +10.  January will be +7 and  Feb will be an all out torch at +15.  March will be +8.  Don’t worry though  April will  be below normal.  I will see snow only on tv.  Methodology used- common sense- and the belief that a  Bermuda High will set up shop and say I’m not headed to the Azores this winter.  Before everyone laughs/blasts me/ or throws up the weenie emoji- this is banter- this is August- and I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose Freewill

• Haha 2

Rushing your forecast ?  :whistle:

34 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

It’s August now- time for my winter forecast for coastal Delaware- I don’t care about the rest of the region and I know you don’t care about mine- lol.  Each year has a catch phrase or dominant feature- this winter that feature will be a Bermuda high.  December will be way above normal temp wise like +10.  January will be +7 and  Feb will be an all out torch at +15.  March will be +8.  Don’t worry though  April will  be below normal.  I will see snow only on tv.  Methodology used- common sense- and the belief that a  Bermuda High will set up shop and say I’m not headed to the Azores this winter.  Before everyone laughs/blasts me/ or throws up the weenie emoji- this is banter- this is August- and I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose Freewill

• Like 1

Today I learned...that someone I have worked with for years...someone whose home I have never visited, but who I thought I knew fairly well...HAS NO AIR CONDITIONING AT ALL. Lives in a very nice old neighborhood and can well afford it. They don't even throw in a window unit when it's like this. Nothing. I can be pretty tough but I'm at least sleeping with AC on. Dang.

edit - balto city this isn't the catoctins or whatnot

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Kay said:

Today I learned...that someone I have worked with for years...someone whose home I have never visited, but who I thought I knew fairly well...HAS NO AIR CONDITIONING AT ALL. Lives in a very nice old neighborhood and can well afford it. They don't even throw in a window unit when it's like this. Nothing. I can be pretty tough but I'm at least sleeping with AC on. Dang.

Just no.

Os getting manhandled by the best team in the AL.

My wag is they miss the playoffs. Something changed with this team about 6 weeks ago.

Only about 6 games between them and missing the playoffs.

Other than Eflin the trades were uninspiring 

Just now, Chris78 said:

Os getting manhandled by the best team in the AL.

My wag is they miss the playoffs. Something changed with this team about 6 weeks ago.

Only about 6 games between them and missing the playoffs.

Other than Eflin the trades were uninspiring 

I keep thinking they’ve turned it around and then…no…

13 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

I keep thinking they’ve turned it around and then…no…

Heading to Cleveland to attend the game tonight.  Orioles are 4-0 in games I’ve seen in person this year. Progressive Field has always been a nightmare for the Birds.  35-73 there, so really testing my luck with this one.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Heading to Cleveland to attend the game tonight.  Orioles are 4-0 in games I’ve seen in person this year. Progressive Field has always been a nightmare for the Birds.  35-73 there, so really testing my luck with this one.

Please bring the win home!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WVclimo said:

We're counting on you. 

You got this

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Kay said:

edit - balto city this isn't the catoctins or whatnot

A lot of folks never trusted AC. FDR was one of them...the White House didn't get chillers until it was renovated in the Truman administration. 

Had a friend of a friend who was a home builder and construction big shot. His own custom home (in Burtonsville I think), was very nice, all brick, modern, but no AC.  I was a little surprised,  and I recall my friend saying "Oh no...Ed didn't like AC."  Both gentlemen long deceased now. Heart of gold...both of them. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GramaxRefugee said:

A lot of folks never trusted AC. FDR was one of them...the White House didn't get chillers until it was renovated in the Truman administration. 

Had a friend of a friend who was a home builder and construction big shot. His own custom home (in Burtonsville I think), was very nice, all brick, modern, but no AC.  I was a little surprised,  and I recall my friend saying "Oh no...Ed didn't like AC."  Both gentlemen long deceased now. Heart of gold...both of them. 

Interesting tidbit about the WH. Yeah, maybe trust is involved for some people, even to this day. I'm not sure why the folks I know prefer it...but I'm glad they found each other.

Was on hold with American Airlines for over 1.5 hours to try to reschedule our flight out of HHI on Tuesday…and the call simply hung up out of nowhere.

I’m not concerned at all about postponing our departure (I’ll just cancel and rebook if I have to), but I just want to say…fuck all these companies that no longer actually have customer service but charge more than ever for their services. Fuck. Them. All.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, nj2va said:

That Men’s 100M final this afternoon was straight up wild!  

It was.  You see the 4x400 medley relay which Netherlands won yesterday?   That was a great race too.  Femke Bol might put some pressure on Syndey Mclaughin-Levrone, but I still think that Sydney wins the 400 hurdles.