Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August Discobs 2024

JenkinsJinkies

11 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

This pic tells the story of how things go here.  I happens over and over and takes a fluke to get a summer t-storm here.  My only chance is tropical remains in a few days but it wouldn't surprise me if there's a sharp cutoff to my east

image.png.7923344fd1c06bf61f301026cdd9f1cd.png

Never count on tropical in these parts for a drought buster.

• Like 2

Lots of action around last evening and managed a brief power failure, but barely enough rain to wet the ground. Betwixt and between. 2 day total here is a couple hundredths. Things tend to even out, so probably due to be unlucky here for awhile after all the rain the last 3 weeks.

• Like 1

This pic tells the story of how things go here.  I happens over and over and takes a fluke to get a summer t-storm here.  My only chance is tropical remains in a few days but it wouldn't surprise me if there's a sharp cutoff to my east
image.png.7923344fd1c06bf61f301026cdd9f1cd.png

I got snookered here, too. Did better the day before.

23 minutes ago, Herb@MAWS said:

Columbia:  Pouring and booming thunder moments after 2pm, coming from west. Still see some blue sky to my south and east. Rain intensity here went from 0 to 100 in like 2.3 seconds. 

Nearly 1” of rain in a short time from that tiny storm! Juicy airmass!

• Like 4

Dang, how long have you all lived here??? This region is super humid and hot during the Summer. We have all these rivers and the Chesapeake Bay. If you live up in the highlands or plateau and never lived in the lowlands then no disrespect towards you. We are close enough to eastern Canada, to have a few backdoor cold fronts each Summer that make it less humid and cooler....but some years we stay hot and humid all Summer.