Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August Discobs 2024

JenkinsJinkies

4 minutes ago, Herb@MAWS said:

Columbia — Just had 0.41” in hardly 10 mins followed by immediate heavy sunshine. 

3 minutes ago, AmericanWxFreak said:

Wonder if it’ll fuel up enough to support this bad boy to the west

My neighbors PWS around 0.2”, but it did come quick. Round 2 looks good for now. Rain on back to back days!? That’s allowed?

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Some upper 70s pixels on the Sterling velocity scan as it crosses 50 between Middleburg and Aldie.

I drove through this storm. Turned off 50 onto 606 north on the west side of the airport. That’s when it started. 

White knuckled it home to ashburn - couldn’t see a damn thing on the road. Car was shaking in that wind. My wife was terrified 

Thank goodness we got home ok

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

I drove through this storm. Turned off 50 onto 606 north on the west side of the airport. That’s when it started. 

White knuckled it home to ashburn - couldn’t see a damn thing on the road. Car was shaking in that wind. My wife was terrified 

Thank goodness we got home ok

Rain-X really helps a lot with visibility in down-pours.  Seriously.  Been using it since the early 80's. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Brushed again by a cell to the north.  3 minutes of rain.  These cells are small and moving fast today.  Hard rain, but no duration.  Strange.  It feels like a spring pattern where the small cells pop up and move quickly.  Nickel and diming.  But, it is refreshing to at least see big drops and hard rain.  Picked up another .13".

.23" on the day.

Looks like you are getting a bonus cell this evening.  Much better coverage overall than most days this summer.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Looks like you are getting a bonus cell this evening.  Much better coverage overall than most days this summer.

This one actually hit me flush.  The rain intensity was not like it was earlier, but this has been better than anything since at least July 4.  I'm waiting for it to stop before I go check the gage.  Certainly the daily has topped anything since May.

• Like 5

Rained 5 times today.  First 4 were scrapes, last was flush, but the intensity wasn't great by then, it looked better on radar.  The last was the most since July 4 and the daily .58" was the most since late May.  .81" since Thursday, but it's taken 9 rounds to get there.

Today:

.10"

.13"

.02"

.03"

.30"

• Like 2

Hey another rain cluster that falls apart before reaching here , when you are now trailing our friend East Coast Npz you know you're area is a newly formed desert with no reason to plant anything in the spring/summer right now ....

Seriously very little convective precip in the growing season here the last two years...

• Like 1