Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August Discobs 2024

JenkinsJinkies

22 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Nothing here.

It's clear the rain has been abundant here while I was gone though. Got up early and mowed the weeds and what's left of the grass. Pulled a bunch of weeds out of the driveway. Flower beds are loaded with weeds. Gotta pick away at it.

It's nice and green again here, 10 miles west of Annopoils. The sound of mowers has returned. The drought started in a flash and ended in a flash in my area. The slightly shorter days also seem to allow the ground to stay moist slightly longer. Hopefully today storms hit the desert valleys to the west and move across the entire area.

• Like 2

Got sprinkled on twice yesterday,  the first as a cell again moved along east of 81 and later from cells just west.  Both times, 1/2 mile from beneficial rains. I don't know when my time is ever going to come.  We've been painfully close several times this past week.

.03" total.

2.25" since Memorial Day.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Got sprinkled on twice yesterday,  the first as a cell again moved along east of 81 and later from cells just west.  Both times, 1/2 mile from beneficial rains. I don't know when my time is ever going to come.  We've been painfully close several times this past week.

.03" total.

2.25" since Memorial Day.

My goodness!  I feel blessed with 3.31" since Memorial Day.

Just heard some thunder in the distance.  This is my kinda day...absolutely primo basketball weather (unusual to have such little breeze in Frederick) and enough sun/humidity to fuel storms with a nice vort passage.  I'd take this 6 months out of the year, easily.

Just brushed again.  Literally, two minutes of rain.  Rained hard for two minutes and turned off like a light switch.  .10".

Overall, this type of ULL is better for our areas…get that moisture banked up against the lee side of the mountains instead of getting skipped over.
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Overall, this type of ULL is better for our areas…get that moisture banked up against the lee side of the mountains instead of getting skipped over.

Yeah. Gotta a feeling quite a few of us will be seeing rain this evening.

Brushed again by a cell to the north.  3 minutes of rain.  These cells are small and moving fast today.  Hard rain, but no duration.  Strange.  It feels like a spring pattern where the small cells pop up and move quickly.  Nickel and diming.  But, it is refreshing to at least see big drops and hard rain.  Picked up another .13".

.23" on the day.

• Like 5

Everything yesterday and today has been just barely missing me to the north and west.

There's a pws just half a mile to my west that's sitting at .25" so far today while I'm at 0.04". Crazy to continually be right on the edge of the convection.

At least I'm hearing some good thunder!

Nothing down here in SoMD but unrelenting jungle.  At least the HI is only 104 and there is decent wind to blow the sweat off.  Watching that storm line firing off east of Harrisonburg and hoping it holds together.  Enjoying a cohiba out on the patio right now waiting to make a play on getting my caterpillars more food.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

First couple clusters fizzled and/or missed.  NE MD pummeled again?

Hoping for better luck later

NE MD is a swamp this summer. They get pummeled just about every day. 

It's really windy and hot here. No rain yet but I'm watching storms fire to my west. Hopefully it's a action packed evening. 

Dangerous Situation Warning up for cell in NoVa:

Severe Thunderstorm Warning
National Weather Service Baltimore MD/Washington DC
502 PM EDT Sat Aug 3 2024

The National Weather Service in Sterling Virginia has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for... Southwestern Loudoun County in northern Virginia... North central Fauquier County in northern Virginia... Northwestern Prince William County in northern Virginia...

* Until 530 PM EDT.

* At 500 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located near Delaplane, or 15 miles north of Warrenton, moving east at 40 mph.

THIS IS A DESTRUCTIVE STORM FOR DELAPLANE, MIDDLEBURG, AND ALDIE.

HAZARD...80 mph wind gusts.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Expect considerable damage to trees and power lines. Your life is at significant risk if outdoors. In addition to some trees falling into homes, wind damage is possible to roofs, sheds, open garages, and mobile homes.

* Locations impacted include... Middleburg, Marshall, Saint Louis, Aldie, Halfway, and Rectortown.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

This is an EXTREMELY DANGEROUS SITUATION. This storm is producing widespread wind damage across Delaplane, Middleburg, and Aldie. SEEK SHELTER NOW inside a sturdy structure and stay away from windows!

Large hail, damaging wind, and continuous cloud to ground lightning are occurring with this storm. Move indoors immediately. Lightning is one of nature's leading killers. Remember, if you can hear thunder, you are 

Just now, StormyClearweather said:

Dangerous Situation Warning up for cell in NoVa:

Severe Thunderstorm Warning
National Weather Service Baltimore MD/Washington DC
502 PM EDT Sat Aug 3 2024

The National Weather Service in Sterling Virginia has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for... Southwestern Loudoun County in northern Virginia... North central Fauquier County in northern Virginia... Northwestern Prince William County in northern Virginia...

* Until 530 PM EDT.

* At 500 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located near Delaplane, or 15 miles north of Warrenton, moving east at 40 mph.

THIS IS A DESTRUCTIVE STORM FOR DELAPLANE, MIDDLEBURG, AND ALDIE.

HAZARD...80 mph wind gusts.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Expect considerable damage to trees and power lines. Your life is at significant risk if outdoors. In addition to some trees falling into homes, wind damage is possible to roofs, sheds, open garages, and mobile homes.

* Locations impacted include... Middleburg, Marshall, Saint Louis, Aldie, Halfway, and Rectortown.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

This is an EXTREMELY DANGEROUS SITUATION. This storm is producing widespread wind damage across Delaplane, Middleburg, and Aldie. SEEK SHELTER NOW inside a sturdy structure and stay away from windows!

Large hail, damaging wind, and continuous cloud to ground lightning are occurring with this storm. Move indoors immediately. Lightning is one of nature's leading killers. Remember, if you can hear thunder, you are 

Yeah, that one has some nasty velocities on radar.