• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August Discobs 2024

JenkinsJinkies

Received .84" since this time yesterday morning, and we've had a heavy drizzle since daybreak. We haven't enjoyed a more enjoyable night of stormy wx living here more than we did last evening -- occasional lightning flashes, long rolling waves of thunder, a steady (though not flooding) rain, from pretty much dinnertime yesterday until the early morning hours. Sublime.

• Like 5

Meteorological Fall is upon us. Days are notably shorter. It was overcast and gloomy and relatively cool with some drizzle today. Had a Fall like feel.

Only 5-6 more weeks of second Summer until we get to actual Fall weather.:yikes:

• Like 5

I missed out on most of the rain last night. I did have a showery night. I actually had to water my plants because what we had didn't hardly get the ground wet under the canopy of the plants. It's not dry here at all. It's just cannabis plants like steady watering when in well drained soil. There's definitely a fall vibe in the air today. 

Quite the interesting day.  Overcast and relatively cool here.  But, I was in Elkins today and it was completely sunny and a stifling 93F.  Mostly clear skies until I crossed the mountain west of Wardensville.   You could see the clouds banked up against those ridges as you approached Wardensville on the Corridor.  Literally, 2 different climates today once you crossed that ridge.  And it is still very dry to the west of that ridge.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

My mom said she measured 3.29 compared to 5.19 that Raindrop app claimed, and those places that the app said 8-9 inches got more like 5.  I think it's time to drop that one

It almost got me right with Deb and last night it was off by only 0.02..

But there has been times when it has been off by way more than a inch... for August it has me at 6.41 I'm at 6.36

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

My part of northern Balt county basically missed everything this week. A little drizzle basically on and off. Looks dry now for another ten days 

Mr Map said the storms the other night missed the house. Hoping for a little something tonight if it holds together.

Much muggier in MD when I got home last night compared to NY lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Mr Map said the storms the other night missed the house. Hoping for a little something tonight if it holds together.

Much muggier in MD when I got home last night compared to NY lol

would definitely  be nice to find something for this evening/overnight. Last chance for awhile. 

2 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Getting nailed again.  What a month!  I'm over 9", easily.

Hope this holds together for everyone.

Glad you are getting crushed finally.

Just the opposite here this month, after a wet July. NBD tho as it is late summer/early Fall now and the 'burning' period is over. I am reseeding so its actually better to do controlled watering vs getting a deluge that washes the grass seed away before it gets established.

• Like 2