• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August Discobs 2024

JenkinsJinkies

Thank God for Deb - monthly total without her is 0.03 ... 5.93 with her !!

Everything looks so much different and so much better over the past week so hopefully this dosent turn into another 2 or 3 months of desert dryness here in the central valley..

But if it does at least I got to experience a personal top 15 or 20 weather event with Ms Deb that night lol

3 hours ago, high risk said:

1.15” in southern Howard County

That’s identically what my neighbor’s PWS has, but it usually under catches during thunderstorms. 62 for a low this morning.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

That was quite the screw job for you.  Outflow boundary kicks off new storms to your east and the original line dies.  

This weekend was a bit disappointing for sure. I anticipated a decent chance of rain each day so didn't really prepare much outside activity...oh well on to a beautiful few days now.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

1.3 on Saturday and 0.8 yesterday, 6.2 for the month.  What a turnaround from earlier in the summer!  Grass has greened back up but trees got hurt.  There are yards where smaller trees have lost so many leaves that it looks like November.  Even my big maples are dropping some already

LOL.."I got a rock."  :D But yeah, seriously, the storms split north/south on either side of us over the past two days. Thought for sure we'd get knicked by that complex barreling through MD last evening, but no bueno.

To your other point...we have LOTS of trees in distress, even after Debby's visit last weekend...so many leaves "browned out" on younger and mature trees alike around my yard, and our largest oak is dropping a ton of leaves already.

Finally, @aldie 22 nailed it -- we are gonna have a SPECTACULAR weather week once we get past today.

• Like 1

WBAL showed video of Ellicott City last night. I believe they got a FFW yesterday with about 3” of rain plus whatever had fallen the day before. But it seemed the first steps of the new flood mitigation channels worked as designed.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

2.27” last night. Time to take on the lawn and landscape.

I was on this end, Mappy just five miles north of me only had just over an inch per her post just above. That's the frustrating thing about this entire summer of rain, extremely hit and miss - we got lucky this time, lots of the area didn't.  Looking north of us, up to central PA up to new england, they've taken much more area wide rains this summer and...their deluges have been even worse. 

I still wish we could find a forum-wide rain event that drops a gentle inch over everyone as opposed to whiffs in one area and deluges where the winners are but I guess that's just the pattern we remain stuck in. 

• Like 1