• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August Discobs 2024

JenkinsJinkies

84/74. Sultry. Plenty of mid/late afternoon sun to help fuel convection. Hopefully there is a more consolidated line so the haves outnumber the have nots.

The actual front comes through tomorrow, so there will be another chance with that, followed by an early Fall preview.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Just got home from a few days in OC. Waves are pumping!! Water has warmed up. Was sorry to leave. One more year until I am there full time. 

Cool. I love the beach in winter. And you won't have to chase those Nina beach blizzards. Seem to be happening more often lately.

• Like 1

Kinda strange..... the radar showed the usual screw job for me.  The actual storm skirting just to my north and another smaller cell to my south.  However, the rain absolutely did not miss me.  It poured to the tune of .87" with only just the light green returns overhead.  I wonder just how accurate the placement of features are on radar?

• Like 3

Cell tracking to my south which is fine, then one little lobe blew up on the north side which barely scraped here.  It was heavy, wind whipped sheets of rain with pea-sized hail.  Man it makes me wonder what the heart of that sucker was like just to my east.  I got 0.5 catching just the very edge of that.  Anyone in Gaithersburg or Laytonsville?

Adding:  whew boy now another cell blowing up just behind that heading NE

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Cell tracking to my south which is fine, then one little lobe blew up on the north side which barely scraped here.  It was heavy, wind whipped sheets of rain with pea-sized hail.  Man it makes me wonder what the heart of that sucker was like just to my east.  Anyone in Gaithersburg or Laytonsville?

Adding:  whew boy now another cell blowing up just behind that heading NE

I'm in Gaithersburg (but very close to Laytonsville), have had some good solid downpours for a while though RadarScope seems to tell me the heaviest pixels went to the west/north of me.  Stuff seems to be trying to backbuild somewhat down towards the Rockville area so if it keeps training SW to NE we might get more here.  Nothing really severe (even though we were warned), some moderate wind but not a whole lot of T&L so far.

Edit - actually most of the heavier activity isn't in Rockville, it's east of Poolesville, just north of Darnestown and in parts of Germantown/Gaithersburg, all moving NE.  Then it's a break until the next batch out near Front Royal which could get here if it holds together.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Storms well NW and well SE of here. In a bigger gap of nothingness than last night lol.

I think it fills in and a big, slow moving line of storms crawls across the area overnight. It's a tropical jungle out here. The woods are extremely loud this evening. Time to spark one up and go for an evening walk. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Weak sauce. A few random drops to tease. Like my last pale ale. Hopefully the VA stuff rolls NE and this way in an hour or so. 

Raining a bit. Think we get a few rounds. We’ll see.

• Like 2

Hit the tail end of the line that formed in Central MD a little bit ago. Quite the commute to work on 270. Slowed to a crawl when the rain hit the hardest. Nothing up in Frederick but saw the thunderhead to the south before I left. I knew what I was getting myself into lol

• Like 1