Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August Discobs 2024

JenkinsJinkies

1 minute ago, Mrs.J said:

So we got that cell moving towards Baltimore blew up here earlier. The Ms. J’s are at Merriweather right now and looks like they will have to deal with it there. Have told them to get under cover. 

Can confirm that it's absolutely pouring in southern Howard County with a good amount of lightning

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

The storm coming across northern PG county looks nice on radar. It's headed my direction. It sounds like a jungle out here with rolling thunder in the distance. 

That gap of nothingness looks like it will align perfectly with my yard lol. Glad I got the unexpected 0.65" this morning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

That gap of nothingness looks like it will align perfectly with my yard lol. Glad I got the unexpected 0.65" this morning.

I know you live in the woods. How about the annual cicadas right now? Holy crap. The tropical jungle vibe is off the charts right now. I'm getting ready to get nailed with a good storm. Good excuse to spark up a little something. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I know you live in the woods. How about the annual cicadas right now? Holy crap. The tropical jungle vibe is off the charts right now. I'm getting ready to get nailed with a good storm. Good excuse to spark up a little something. 

Quiet here. It's a soil thing I think. They generally don't like it over here.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I'm getting nailed with heavy tropical rain. It seems to just keep coming. Creeks are flash flooding. The South River watershed is getting flushed this evening. Flash flooding hitting route 450 as I type. 

That might actually make it here. Sinking southward. The gap has closed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I hope it does. It's still pouring here. The lightning seems to have increased in the past 15 minutes and the rain has that pounding sound again. This is making up for the skimpy tropical remnant. 

Its gonna be close. That gap of nothingness is legit.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

That was one of the best rainers all summer. 

1.85" in a little over an hour. The .60 I received last night makes this a very wet day for the watershed where I live. 

Rather localized. I only got 1.30+0.40 overnight. I drove out to Davidsonville at 7pm and got pounded, but was just plain rain by the bison farm, then just a few sprinkles had fallen at Holy Family. Typical August storms.

• Like 1

It is interesting how Google Maps kept directing us away from well established delays as we drove from VA to N Md, only to steer us through every developing, heavy rain event along the route. Not the safest choice as we saw a very recient accident about every 5 miles for a considerable part of the journey.

We were headed up 355 to visit friends and got caught in that very heavy cell and had to pull over north of Clarksburg.  Some of those areas got 2" in about 20 minutes.  I was very happy to find 1.3 in the gauge when we got home

Hope everyone gets some tomorrow before the crisp fall weather arrives.  And football!

• Like 2