• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August Discobs 2024

JenkinsJinkies

Amazing difference in a week, everything is so much greener , insects seem more noisy at night--water flowing in previously dry creek beds.... Everything just feels better...... 

In a way I guess the extreme drought helped mitigate physical damage... There is some substantial road damage in western Green County where up to 11 inches of rain fell.. Things could/would have been so much more destructive had this been a wet year out here.... However the summer agricultural drought damage has been extreme - hopefully the late summer / fall agricultural production will be much more successful....

• Like 8

I haven't been paying attention.   What's happening next weekend?

Looks like only scattered stuff starting this weekend and we’re also dealing with wildfire smoke again today. We might need another tropical storm soon.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Yeah...thought my front windows were just filthy after last Friday's tropical rains, but no. It's definitely MUCH hazier out there than it was a couple hours ago. Did this really come from wildfires, as someone up above mentioned??

Fire smoke on the west coast can cause haze here.

22 hours ago, 87storms said:

Looks like only scattered stuff starting this weekend and we’re also dealing with wildfire smoke again today. We might need another tropical storm soon.

I am seeing a pretty good chance of rain Sunday into the overnight and into Monday. You don't think so?

7 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Next week looks glorious behind the cold front. Highs mostly in the 70s, lows in the 50s.

Gonna make that inevitable late August/early September heatwave even more frustrating, but a good sign that the seasons will be changing soon. 

• Like 7

Ok. Got a free ticket to the Os game tomorrow night. Love to go for sure, but anyone think it’s probably a rain out? Or more just hit or miss? I just need to be all in or all out by some point tonight. Any feedback from my favorite weather team is appreciated. B)

1 hour ago, Scraff said:

Ok. Got a free ticket to the Os game tomorrow night. Love to go for sure, but anyone think it’s probably a rain out? Or more just hit or miss? I just need to be all in or all out by some point tonight. Any feedback from my favorite weather team is appreciated. B)

Some of the CAMs have isolated to scattered cells tomorrow evening, others suggest a more consolidated line moving through. Tough call. Overall the best chance for showers/storms this weekend is late tomorrow afternoon/evening and again late Sunday.

• Like 2

Argh - debating about aerating and overseeding the lawn early this year, this morning, since the upcoming weather pattern is fairly ideal.   Wasn't ready yet but may rush it.   Usually wait until September, but it'll be nice to  have some rain this weekend, and not-so-hot weather in the forecast.

28 minutes ago, WolfStock1 said:

Argh - debating about aerating and overseeding the lawn early this year, this morning, since the upcoming weather pattern is fairly ideal.   Wasn't ready yet but may rush it.   Usually wait until September, but it'll be nice to  have some rain this weekend, and not-so-hot weather in the forecast.

I always do it mid-late August. Being in the woods, it's good to get the new grass established before the leaves start coming down.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CAPE said:

This is definitely overperforming- most guidance wasn't impressive with any significant rain making it this far east this morning.

Looks like it should end pretty shortly per radar.  0.42" 

eta- 0.55" total

I was surprised to see it soaking wet out there when I got up. I'm looking forward to this fall preview this week. 

• Like 1