• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August Discobs 2024

JenkinsJinkies

We went to the greenbriar lake NW of frederick. We picked a perfect day to go… 70s, cool, no humidity, no mosquitoes, and the water was nice to swim as in not cold because of the June-July wave.
So many people came, they cut off access to the park by 10 am… we got there at 9:55, so lucky

I’ve biked there a few times. That trail (big red) is a grinder. I’ll usually chill for a bit by the beach area afterwards.
  • Like 1

Like a Fall morning when going for a walk with the dog, lots of dew on the grass made me think it was early October. 

Wawa here in these parts has Pumpkin coffee, wow ! Fall is around the corner. 

• Like 1

Absolutely gorgeous walk on the Liberty Bell Trail this morning. Felt so nice not to be sweating buckets within five minutes of heading out! Stream is still a little high after the 1.00" of rain the other night, which is honestly kind of nice to see after there being so little water in it for much of the summer!

• Like 7

Noon time weather report modified to poetic descriptors.
Very blue sky. Pleasant air. Like September arriving 4 weeks early.
(eh, I supposed we'll be paying for this later.)

I’m just glad there’s been sun today. Nw flow in fall thru spring can bring stratus decks, especially closer to the mountains.
  • Like 1

Today was nice, but let’s be honest…this type of pattern is why we’re in a drought and require tropical remnants lol. I’m curious as to what’s going on at the upper levels. My novice hunch is that lp cores are riding too far north as a general trend, leaving us with scraps. We saw that pretty often the last couple years. Maybe next weekend is part of the overall change.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, 87storms said:

Today was nice, but let’s be honest…this type of pattern is why we’re in a drought and require tropical remnants lol. I’m curious as to what’s going on at the upper levels. My novice hunch is that lp cores are riding too far north as a general trend, leaving us with scraps. We saw that pretty often the last couple years. Maybe next weekend is part of the overall change.

I haven't been paying attention.   What's happening next weekend?

• Like 1