Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August Discobs 2024

JenkinsJinkies

2 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Over 1" 5 miles south of me and still going.  .6"  2 miles south of me.  .02" on top of me.

3 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Fast forward 120 hours.

Rain totals for the period ending 7pm on Sunday

DCA - 3.89

BWI - 4.77

HGR - 5.12

RIC - 4.13

Stephens city - .01

Damn. You already surpassed my prediction from earlier. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

That line of storms between the other two area of storms ripped open like a zipper in minutes. Very cool radar presentation. Think DC-north gets some nocturnal action (hi RR).

The best kind there is. Now because of you i will be up all night waiting for my action. 

4 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

That cell that came across the Potomac from the NW merged with the one to my south that was heading North. While we got a heck of a lightning display only picked up about .25”. Got my hopes all up only to watch what always happens in my area. Brunswick got hammered though. 

We did well here.

A good 75 minutes of light/moderate rain with plenty of thunder and lightning. 

• Like 1

Got rain shadow'd a bit yesterday.  The combo of the Catoctin's up the street from me and the valley down the street, is a force.

Side note...DESI (ensemble scenarios) was mentioned at the AMS meeting yesterday (I was fortunate to attend this via work).  The stats part seems pretty user-friendly so far...

https://sites.gsl.noaa.gov/desi/?x4dLocations=["City"]&chart=x1d&lat=39.41427&lon=-77.41054&theme=dark&timeZone=local&hourFormat=12&x4dviewState={"latitude"%3A40.5%2C"longitude"%3A-100%2C"bearing"%3A0%2C"pitch"%3A20%2C"zoom"%3A4}&dset=HREF-CONUS&clusHghlgt=true&x4dMapStyle=2D&x4dMaps={"basemap"%3A{"value"%3A"Mapbox"}%2C"mapboxBasemap"%3A{"value"%3A"Satellite"%2C"parentValue"%3A"mapboxBasemap"}}&preferredFontSize=14

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, yoda said:

Next week will be great... highs in the mid 80s but low humidity and lows in the low to mid 60s... mostly sunny each day... very nice... much good

The weather for Beltway series is going to be fantastic. Heading to the game with my Dad on Tuesday. Looks like low-mid 80s to start with temps falling into the upper 70s by back half of the game. Couldn't ask for better

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

The weather for Beltway series is going to be fantastic. Heading to the game with my Dad on Tuesday. Looks like low-mid 80s to start with temps falling into the upper 70s by back half of the game. Couldn't ask for better

Gonna have gorgeous, comfortable nighttime temps for the next week or so. Nice change.

• Like 3