Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We sun and Stein.  Special special. 

We missed out down here yesterday, only some sprinkles. Today again looks like 84 N and W, maybe northern Windham near Mass line gets storms again. 

Humid as balls, but some relief is on site the end of next week

• Confused 1

Moderate rain to the north, heavy rain to the south, 0.01" here.  Less tha 0.4" in the past 8 days, no issues yet but if we miss the current systems the garden may be stressed.

On that subject, this coming week we snip the terminals on the tomatoes, to help ensure the growth gets focused on fruit rather than greenery.  Even if we have to wait into October for 1st frost (like 2 of the past 3 years after just 1 in the previous 23), the cooler temps and shorter days tend to grow leaves more than food.

37 minutes ago, Hoth said:

12 mile run with upper seventies dews. One star review. Would not recommend.

:huh:

uh yeeeah, it'd be kind of ironic that an activity whose benefit is in part life longevity led directly to a Darwin Award. 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Lake Champlain bath water...

453752680_890808566413759_53200504125871

Weird you mention that. I live between two large reservoirs. All summer when I went over the causeway the temperature in my car would drop two or three degrees. Not anymore...

Unfortunately I can no longer run.  But I walk…a lot.  However between the dews and ultraviolet and the fact that my wake up time is pretty late I walk many miles just about every night.   There literally hasn’t been a walk this summer that didn’t leave me drenched in sweat.  It’s been epic tbh.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s just summer. It’s supposed to be as hot and humid as possible . The storms aspect certainly plays a part too. You want the season to perform as the season. 80 with a dry dewpoint isn’t summer. You swim you freeze . At night you have to wear a long sleeve . Our summers are all going to be like this from now on. 

I absolutely love it.  When I was in my teens/twenties, it bothered me.  Not so today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

Kids indoors at the Cape. LFG

I remember those bad summer weeks.  Movie theaters and the Hyannis mall.  Then my mom dressed us up like the Gordan's fisherman and sent us out on the boardwalk at Bass Hole to do some crabbing with chicken skins and butcher's twine.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Patrick-02540 said:

I absolutely love it.  When I was in my teens/twenties, it bothered me.  Not so today.

As a youngster I didn’t love it like I do now . Back then we didn’t get many humid days. Humid then was a dew of 66. Now dews of 73-78 is normal for all of New England from mid June into mid September. 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

As a youngster I didn’t love it like I do now . Back then we didn’t get many humid days. Humid then was a dew of 66. Now dews of 73-78 is normal for all of New England from mid June into mid September. 

Probably because we had better peripheral/capillary blood flow back then, so we were more sensitive to the heat.  There are some old people who dress up like Siberians in this weather.  

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ha we all used to argue about 59F vs 62F being considered a humid day or a dry one.  Now it’s just like 65+ for weeks on end.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Can't deny that dews are getting higher, but "all of New England"?  I'd leave NNE out of that statement (except for ASH).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha we all used to argue about 59F vs 62F being considered a humid day or a dry one.  Now it’s just like 65+ for weeks on end.

Now you’ve got folks in here that post dews of 66 are Coc k , windows open , cool feeling lol . My how things have changed. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Now you’ve got folks in here that post dews of 66 are Coc k , windows open , cool feeling lol . My how things have changed. 

My average summer low is in the 50s and I can’t even get a dew that low anymore. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why is this something to celebrate?

• Like 3
  • Confused 3