Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

These guys wanting summer to end so they can track cutters and Rainers . I’ll never ever get it 

It’s still wild how the two options in your head are either 92/70 or 44/43 and rain.  Like there’s no other possible weather outcomes between those.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s still wild how the two options in your head are either 92/70 or 44/43 and rain.  Like there’s no other possible weather outcomes between those.

It’s either heat or AC. You can’t have the windows open and risk dust or pollen getting into the house.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

19 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

End of GFS run would argue for warmth and humidity to return and some favorable tropical tracks for us. I’m sure it’ll be 5 days coC 3 days warm and humid for a while 

We can hope. I am one of the few posters left I guess who doesn’t think summer is over with dews still to come . Time will tell 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

24 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We can hope. I am one of the few posters left I guess who doesn’t think summer is over with dews still to come . Time will tell 

Isn’t there a difference between using available guidance to formulate a discussion and weather outlook, rather than just holding true to one’s desires regardless of available data?

Of course there’s going to be a burst of dews mixed in there.  We can get high dews ahead of an October cutter.  But do you think it lasts a week or so of true summer heat and humidity given the overall guidance right now?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s like saying deep winter is done for on 2/25 when the ensembles look AN and climo starts climbing rapidly. We can still get some cold and snow, but we’re onto transition season and not in the abyss any longer. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It’s like saying deep winter is done for on 2/25 when the ensembles look AN and climo starts climbing rapidly. We can still get some cold and snow, but we’re onto transition season and not in the abyss any longer. 

that's true, i think about 2/25 this year is when i felt pretty safe on a "no more snow" call for southern CT

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Isn’t there a difference between using available guidance to formulate a discussion and weather outlook, rather than just holding true to one’s desires regardless of available data?

Of course there’s going to be a burst of dews mixed in there.  We can get high dews ahead of an October cutter.  But do you think it lasts a week or so of true summer heat and humidity given the overall guidance right now?

Well no one ever thought it would be 90’s and high heat . HHH in late Augdewst and September is 80’s and humid . Which is what’s here starting today . 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well no one ever thought it would be 90’s and high heat . HHH in late Augdewst and September is 80’s and humid . Which is what’s here starting today . 

Ok I mean we are splitting hairs then.  75/55 or 83/63 is not *that* different in the grand scheme of things.

Its not going to like highs in the 40s and 50s.

Averages at BDL look to drop from 80F to 70F from 9/1 to 9/30.  So like 80 early in the month is basically normal… trending above normal.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Downpours in N ORH county just east of Berks? Asking for a friend .

Today? I’m 20 miles from the east slope and it’s been partly to mostly sunny all day.

I poured beer most of the day for the fine athletes who competed in the Green River Marathon.   The entire course is mostly on unpaved country road that follows the Green River in the canopy of deciduous trees.

It’s amazing how many runners immediately come and get a beer after they are done. Lol

There’s  a guy who does it every year pushing his disabled son in a carriage set up.  Tears me up every year.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Today? I’m 20 miles from the east slope and it’s been partly to mostly sunny all day.

I poured beer most of the day for the fine athletes who competed in the Green River Marathon.   The entire course is mostly on unpaved country road that follows the Green River in the canopy of deciduous trees.

It’s amazing how many runners immediately come and get a beer after they are done. Lol

There’s  a guy who does it every year pushing his disabled son in a carriage set up.  Tears me up every year.

I ran 7 marathons and it would amaze me how many would get into the beer line. As much as I love beer, the last thing I dreamed of having immediately after was beer. I was always so nauseous when I finished . Needed water/ Gatorade and that’s it. I ran Falmouth RD race last Sunday(7 mile course) and didn’t see a beer truck though there may have been 1

• Like 3