Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

11 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

that type of heat fails in a euro esque evolution    theres no way heat makes it n-e of nyc with a large polar high rolling over to our n like that.  shunt job big time and prior to that mon-wed the deep heat's not here yet. 

I was gonna say....Bluewave is from NYC....you know summer is on the way out when Keven migrates south to other subforms to gather ammo against seasonal change.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Hoth said:

I was rather astounded to see several maples with rather robust color driving around this morning. I'm not ready.

I noticed some trees (don't know what type) getting some leaves turning yellow, but I'm new up here so I don't know if they're actually changing or just distressed for some reason. It seems very early for it to happen in August, even in CT and even given some of the cooler days. It's not like it's been chilly or anything, just cool.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, WinterSnow said:

I noticed some trees (don't know what type) getting some leaves turning yellow, but I'm new up here so I don't know if they're actually changing or just distressed for some reason. It seems very early for it to happen in August, even in CT and even given some of the cooler days. It's not like it's been chilly or anything, just cool.

Deciduous trees have numerous stress factors that make color change variable from year to year.  I've noticed a lot of color in the low elevation maples, in the Pioneer Valley, this month.  Foliage is tough to call.   Lots of opinions but often wrong calls.

14 hours ago, ineedsnow said:

Where's the HHH weather we were promised for weeks to come?

Mother natures saving it for the time of year when no one’s expecting it..Christmas week. You know it’s coming baby.

• Haha 1

Deep summer is on life support after next weekend…maybe after this Wed if the gfs op is right. Still plenty of nice weather and occasional dews to go, but we’re reaching the point where the dew downs greatly outweigh the 2 ply days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Deep summer is on life support after next weekend…maybe after this Wed if the gfs op is right. Still plenty of nice weather and occasional dews to go, but we’re reaching the point where the dew downs greatly outweigh the 2 ply days.

Smooth sailing into fall now.. we take

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Holiday weekend looks like ass. Someone claimed it was going to be dry and hot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Screenshot_20240825_070402_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Why would one use the 6z gfs op to end summer?

• Weenie 1

9 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Deciduous trees have numerous stress factors that make color change variable from year to year.  I've noticed a lot of color in the low elevation maples, in the Pioneer Valley, this month.  Foliage is tough to call.   Lots of opinions but often wrong calls.

Outside of red maple in the swamps, any serious color this early is on stressed trees.

Absolutely perfect day yesterday as 2 young men (ages 10 and 14) were baptized at Porter Pond, north from Farmington.  Bright sun, little wind, mid 70s.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Enjoy Wednesday everyone it’s the only summer we’ve got! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why would one use the 6z gfs op to end summer?

Euro EPS shows similar pattern layout Days 10-15.

Nice, normal September weather with no heat around.  70s by day 50s/40s by night…. classic September.

IMG_0563.thumb.png.5ee80ad5517ba90c4f1ae91f71b5434b.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1