• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

This is wild for the mountains of Hawaii.. tropical storm then snow by the end of the week.. got to be a first for August 

Overnight
Tropical storm conditions possible. Partly cloudy, with a low around 39.
Saturday
Tropical storm conditions possible. Isolated showers and thunderstorms after noon. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Partly sunny, with a high near 50. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Saturday Night
Frequent showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 39. Strong and damaging winds, with an east southeast wind 45 to 55 mph decreasing to 14 to 24 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 80 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between 2 and 3 inches possible.
Sunday
Frequent showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 47. East southeast wind 8 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
Sunday Night
Rain showers likely before midnight, then snow showers likely. The rain and snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Cloudy, with a low around 40. East southeast wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Monday
Scattered snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. East northeast wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Monday Night
Scattered snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. East wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tuesday
Isolated snow showers after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 51. East northeast wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 40. East southeast wind around 7 mph.
Wednesday
Isolated snow showers after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. East northeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Wednesday Night
Isolated snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 39. East southeast wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Thursday
Isolated snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48. East northeast wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Thursday Night
Scattered snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. South southeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday
Isolated snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 47. Breezy, with an east wind 6 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
  • Like 3

that type of heat fails in a euro esque evolution    theres no way heat makes it n-e of nyc with a large polar high rolling over to our n like that.  shunt job big time and prior to that mon-wed the deep heat's not here yet. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I’ll admit this was an impressively cool week. I don’t think I have experienced nights quite so cold with low humidity in quite some years in August. Going to suck at the water park tomorrow but I promised my son at least one more outing before they close on Labor Day. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Shorts are to be worn anytime 50 +. Even 40’s fine with a hoodie 

Jeans are my non-formal pants in all seasons.  I beat up my arms enough while working on firewood or walking in Maine's thick woods.  Shorts would just result in additional blood loss.

2nd consecutive sunny day.  Last time we had that - without smoke - was in April.

Ash tree? Or maple?

White ash - bark and the mineral stain on the unsplit pieces tell the tale.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Jeans are my non-formal pants in all seasons.  I beat up my arms enough while working on firewood or walking in Maine's thick woods.  Shorts would just result in additional blood loss.

2nd consecutive sunny day.  Last time we had that - without smoke - was in April.

Ash tree? Or maple?

I hate pants . Like legs free and things free to hang 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tunafish said:

Everyone focused on the stogie and brew and jeans... nobody wants to talk about the little bottle of lube?

:lol: 

it’s hand sanitizer. The dogs recovery is super slow so we still have to help pee him so I wore gloves then put hand sanitizer on after instead of running inside to wash my hands and leave the dog outside because then he tries to jump up on the step towards the house but can’t make it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

it’s hand sanitizer. The dogs recovery is super slow so we still have to help pee him so I wore gloves then put hand sanitizer on after instead of running inside to wash my hands and leave the dog outside because then he tries to jump up on the step towards the house but can’t make it.

Holds the dog’s red rocket then lights the cigar…pic worthy. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Just teasin' :)

Sorry about your doggo, hope he heals up soon!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Ash tree? Or maple?

My favorite wood, dries fast and burns good though I'd rather have a couple cords of Ken's seasoned black locust.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

My favorite wood, dries fast and burns good though I'd rather have a couple cords of Ken's seasoned black locust.

From the firewood poem:  "Ash wood green or ash wood dry; a king shall lay his slippers by."

Comment on burning balsam poplar when it's green, from an Allagash logger, "You couldn't afford to buy the oil it would take to burn balm'o'Gilead!"

• Like 2

That 12z GFS is just comfortable.  A couple days hitting the low to mid 80s torch spots early on but most of that run was just “comfortable”…

That run is by and large 70s days, 50s by night widespread across New England.  Not cool.  Not hot.  Just right.  And that’s ok.  Doesn’t need to be hyped one way or the other.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2