Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

That should be my average mid-summer low :lol:.

We still haven’t gotten into the 40s.

61/54 and 60/51 days.  Rain and clouds.  Still can’t get those mins down.

Amazing.  Back to back 48's down here.  Not quite, but almost fall like. 

Looking forward to the heat returning over the next few days and dews next week.

nam at least is warmer tomorrow and sat interpreting off the grid

looks like light west wind, open sky and about 27 c in the 2 m which aligns well enough with the mos/machine

it's like 81/56 with light wind under open blue  - couple of top 10ers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

582 hgts too         have seen sfc t in the mid 90s at those 500 mb hgts, but because they happen to be associated with cyclonic curvature in that case (next week) the models 'get' to go cool happy   lol

IIRC correctly, we saw a similar pattern earlier in the summer and it turned out to be quite above-average for that week. Even if we have a bit of an onshore flow, the flow doesn't seem particularly much to greatly impact temperatures (except for maybe right along the immediate coast). 

I would just like to look at some of the soundings for fun but I would be willing to bet guidance is cool because they are struggling to mix. But the Sun angle is still plenty strong enough to where we will not need much heating of the sfc or boundary layer to mix sufficiently. 

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

wait ... i though that chamber of comm was 72/53 

tomorrow and sat are above that, no ?

Coc is just comfortable weather. Days when you can do anything outdoors without feeling the need to inject an IV bag or run back inside to sit next to the window unit and post how great the sticky undies feel on Vance’s couch. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

@CoastalWxand @powderfreakyou guys will get a kick out of this.  I was flying from BWI to MHT today and I happened to notice that we were just starting to cut across southern VT.  I looked out the window and all I could see was clouds stretching out all the way north up the spine of the Greens.  By the way, I could not see any evidence of bodies being buried around Mitch's place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mreaves said:

@CoastalWxand @powderfreakyou guys will get a kick out of this.  I was flying from BWI to MHT today and I happened to notice that we were just starting to cut across southern VT.  I looked out the window and all I could see was clouds stretching out all the way north up the spine of the Greens.  By the way, I could not see any evidence of bodies being buried around Mitch's place.

Good ol' sheet drizzle today.

Cyclonic NW flow makes a lot of snow in the winter and just miserable weather any other time of year :lol:.

1.61" past few days in Stowe with 2"+ west of the Spine.

491198447_Screenshot2024-08-22153753.jpg.bc61464e8c2930580645aaa1111d8171.jpg

• Sad 1