Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Look at you. New wifey incoming?

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

If only we could get him over storm busts this quickly. 

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Lol. That was fast. Yanked the ring off the ex, picked up a new girl, drove up north to vacation…and slid it on her. Good for him. 

44 minutes ago, mreaves said:

New lady in your life?  Congrats

Lmao you guys are wild. It’s my GF who I’ve been seeing for a bit. No rings or anything like that lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Man looks like full Stein next 10 days with little to no rain chances . And once we get to the weekend 80’s to near 90 right thru day 10 with “some dews”

It's uncanny. Nailed it again. 

"

feeling more humid by Sunday and especially
Monday as moisture increases into the region. This moisture arrives ahead of mid level trough sinking south from Canada late Sunday and Monday which will provide enough lift for widespread showers and
even some thunderstorms. Timing uncertain but ensembles indicate a better chance for rain on Monday (90+%) than Sunday (20-50%).Periodically unsettled weather remains possible through mid week as this trough then lingers overhead through mid week.
  • Haha 1

49F this am, 2nd sub 50 day; great sleeping weather! No problem with upcoming brief warm ups, followed by cool nights. High temps and dews broke in late July; this isn’t South Florida where people hope for a cool front to drop the dews below 70 in late October

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kdxken said:

Speaking of pines. I noticed this one today while working. 10 ft 8 inches in circumference. Would that be considered big in your neck of the woods?

20240821_122102.jpg

That's a dandy, no limbs on the first log and the bark indicates it's not all that old (100-120?) for a 34.4" dbh tree.  Our 2 dozen or so pines near the road are 20-30" dbh and 100-120' tall.  Unfortunately, the Dec 18 storm reduced 2 of those to 60-foot "masts" with a couple weak-looking branches near the breaks.  There's a limby 40"+ monster just to the neighbor's side of the boundary stone wall back in the woods, probably a sentinel retained when the high-quality pines were harvested.

Nice oblique pic of your woods.  Doesn't seem to have much oak, which is a bit surprising, but a nice puckle of pine in the middle.

• Like 1

summer telecon ftl i suppose.    the blend of the various modes argues for a warm setting over eastern mid latitudes of n/a more so than we've been seeing  

this "cool shot" was an aberration too. relative to those indicators.   i guess we got to get lucky sometimes too

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

summer telecon ftl i suppose.    the blend of the various modes argues for a warm setting over eastern mid latitudes of n/a more so than we've been seeing  

this "cool shot" was an aberration too. relative to those indicators.   i guess we got to get lucky sometimes too

Torch!

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Next week still looks a bit tainted to me. It may be nice wx at times and end up a bit AN, but the bigger anomalies will be west of us. 

Yeah that’s what I’m worried about too. Could be a lot of E or SE flow. 

Next week will be humid regardless, however, there is definite concern with temperatures and whether we're looking at 70's or something more well into the 80's. However, it is looking pretty warm in the llvls so it won't take much heating/mixing for temperatures to jump into the 80's. Next week will probably be a product of cloud cover greatly influencing temperatures.

582 hgts too         have seen sfc t in the mid 90s at those 500 mb hgts, but because they happen to be associated with cyclonic curvature in that case (next week) the models 'get' to go cool happy   lol

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Last of the cool days today. Will be nice to put this behind us. Not to be seen again until Nov sometime . 

it's liable to either snow, or be an atmosphere that supports snow in october at some point