Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

5 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Just helped our friends down the street with clean up and the real effed up part is the home insurance company hasn’t sent an agent out out to assess and have basically told him over the phone their policy they’ve been paying 18yrs into does not cover floods. Contact FEMA and good luck. 

Probably have to end up getting a government flood loan.  Of course, as a loan, one must pay it back.  

1 hour ago, met_fan said:

Seems like, at least in MA, pretty much anyone can buy flood insurance, whether you’re in a flood zone or not. However, I am certainly no expert.597eb6d26b1e59ac57933e55aa64f5df.jpg

There are more options in a private program, as you can adjust your coverage.  However, if you are in an area that was recently flooded, it may be very difficult to get the private insurance now, or you will pay an astronomical premium.  Imagine Luke's friends calling up tomorrow requesting insurance.  Companies only like offering flood insurance to people who will never need it.  I am routinely harassed with calls about getting a flood program, even up here at 900' on the top of a hill with down-sloping property away from all 4 sides of my home. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Man looks like full Stein next 10 days with little to no rain chances . And once we get to the weekend 80’s to near 90 right thru day 10 with “some dews”

The climate prediction center begs to differ. Hopefully this will be your yearly blind squirrel moment and you'll be right.

Screenshot_20240821_193506_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Torch Tiger said:

Did you work for EMC?

Never worked for them.  Banks and insurance companies mostly.  Liked it for quite a few years but then i began to hate it. Constantly on call. Something blows up at 3:00 am? you got to fix it . God forbid it was some of your code that brought it down. Never was but I always had that fear in the back of my mind. Give me the outdoors and hard labor. Doesn't pay as well of course but probably lengthened my life.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

Never worked for them.  Banks and insurance companies mostly.  Liked it for quite a few years but then i began to hate it. Constantly on call. Something blows up at 3:00 am? you got to fix it . God forbid it was some of your code that brought it down. Never was but I always had that fear in the back of my mind. Give me the outdoors and hard labor. Doesn't pay as well of course but probably lengthened my life.

Like the end of Office Space. “Fucking-A.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

GFS op . Cut off happy . Highly doubt it beats the EPS and GEPS

To answer your question about dry for the foreseeable future....

NEXT WEEK...

We’ve been forecasting, optimistically, dry weather from the weekend to carry over to next week. That no longer seems to be the case, with a model trend to the wetter. Specifically, Monday now features periods of rain. Thereafter, as we see it now, we can’t rule out a chance for showers Tuesday into Wednesday.

The First Alert Weather Team

• Sad 1