Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Folks need to understand what their normals are late Augdewst / early Septorcher . 85-90 with dews is a torch . No one was calling for 90’s:/70’s. Maybe there’s a day or two of 92:72.. but the furnace is mainly mid- upper 80’s

Looks brutal

Today
Scattered showers, mainly after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 65. West wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Tonight
Partly cloudy, with a low around 49. West wind around 6 mph.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 67. West wind 6 to 9 mph.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 51. West wind 3 to 5 mph.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 74. West wind 5 to 7 mph.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 53. Light west wind.
Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind becoming west around 6 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 57. Light southwest wind.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 79. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 59. Light southwest wind.
Monday
A chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 77. Northwest wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Monday Night
A chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 58. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 78. Northwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Looks brutal

Today
Scattered showers, mainly after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 65. West wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Tonight
Partly cloudy, with a low around 49. West wind around 6 mph.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 67. West wind 6 to 9 mph.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 51. West wind 3 to 5 mph.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 74. West wind 5 to 7 mph.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 53. Light west wind.
Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind becoming west around 6 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 57. Light southwest wind.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 79. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 59. Light southwest wind.
Monday
A chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 77. Northwest wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Monday Night
A chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 58. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 78. Northwest wind 3 to 5 mph.

Yesterday you used the wild swinging gfs op. Today you use a NWS point and click for your agenda . Good luck on summer being over 

27 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Hoping for some more pool time. But that is on hiatus for a bit.  These cold mornings devastate the water temps. 

I'm with you. I'd like a last hurrah of summer. It's not like we're going to be sweltering. Took the air conditioners out back in early August. Lows in the '70s are long gone.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kdxken said:

I'm with you. I'd like a last hurrah of summer. It's not like we're going to be sweltering. Took the air conditioners out back in early August. Lows in the '70s are long gone.

I’m not so sure yet.

29 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Folks need to understand what their normals are late Augdewst / early Septorcher . 85-90 with dews is a torch . No one was calling for 90’s:/70’s. Maybe there’s a day or two of 92:72.. but the furnace is mainly mid- upper 80’s

Hey you're right!!...we all know how rare it is to have upper 80's in late August and early September.  I have no idea why people are debating this with you....

24 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I’d honestly be shocked if we don’t have more 70s dews or 90s at the tarmacs. 

Definitely better chance inland. I'm being a bit IMBY with my last post. We'll have dews in the 60's and low 70s for the next two months, but we'll likely max temps in the low to mid 80s here. 

10 hours ago, met_fan said:

A brief break from the temperature talk - my son is starting college in Brunswick, ME this fall. What does the average snowfall look like up there so close to the coast?

PWM averages high 60s, and Brunswick would be a bit above that - farther NE and its airport isn't right on tidewater.  Like most of SNE, PWM's snow has been pitiful this decade, running in the 40s.
If he's entering Bowdoin, check out the nearby Bowdoin Pines.  Not true old growth but very impressive.

Cloudy night kept temps above 50 instead of that SNE fake cold.  :D

• Like 1