• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

Man this place loses its mind over temperatures more than any other weather :lol:… hot, no cold, no it’s torch, it’s enjoyable, it’s cool, you have no idea, no you have no idea… 
We’ve come a long way over the decades.

A long way, maybe not in the right direction
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

That's one of those smokeless fire pits, Cost a few bucks.

My buddy Tom built a "smokeless' from stone.  The first time I saw a burn in it, I just stood there scratching my chin, while he tried to explain the engineering to me.   He has since moved to Colorado so I will have to message him and see if he replicated it there.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 512high said:

What a “pickles”? “Still north of the pike” and KORH both winter guys too?

Will  ( korh ) is mainly a winter guy. He'll show up at other times if it's a significant event. I asked about pickles a few weeks ago and apparently he's fine.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Will  ( korh ) is mainly a winter guy. He'll show up at other times if it's a significant event. I asked about pickles a few weeks ago and apparently he's fine.

We had the great Tip disappearance a few years ago.  I thought for sure he had been gravely injured by a Frisbee golf putter.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, met_fan said:

A brief break from the temperature talk - my son is starting college in Brunswick, ME this fall. What does the average snowfall look like up there so close to the coast?

Better than down here, my sister lives in York and does much better than I do. I think they average close to 70 inches a year.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kdxken said:

You don't know your fires do you? City folks smh. Those coals are black locust. Burn beer cans faster than even you can drink 'em.

I had 3 cords of black locust for the stove a few years back.  Loved it.  I made a few hammer handles and a mallet from it.  A very fine wood for that.  Hard, rot resistant, and very stable to changes in humidity. 

• Like 2