Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

5 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I'm outside every day....I average a little over 21,000 steps per day and that is in addition to doing weights..and ..and btw my parents are both deceased...

Sorry to hear about your folks. 

I do remember you said you worked out when you challenged Ray to a fight.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think what will help is that we are resigned to it....I don't think anyone is overly optimistic. That is probably when our shit luck flips.

We’ll see. It was agony going through last two Winters.

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

59.0 and just light rain now. Can’t recall those temps in august with rain.

We've had 6 sub-60 maxima in 26 Augusts here, and all but one had significant RA.  Now concerned for flash flooding from last night's 0.06", barely missing a classic 7-10 as the heavier rain avoided the Route 2 corridor from Bethel to Lincoln.  We don't really need lots of rain as August 24 is already a half inch above the average, but nighttime lightning is fun to watch.

• Like 1

it's the continental folding over pattern causing premature cold meanders ... i used to conceptual post about it but stopped last year when i realized the room is empty.   but it's a thing we've been observing more and more so over the last 10 to 15 years.   this ...

image.png.49ccd68c82c7b0574c7fc5e5671d55c4.png

is really a manifestation of the same thing as far as I can tell - it's just doing so 45 days early.   But that deep anomaly is an 'atmospheric meander' - it's been papered as an increasing phenomenon associated with CC connection to pattern morphology... blah blah.   but this little cool thing as you can see above, is almost disconnected from the prevailing hemispheric footprint there. It's actually put there by the folding over +anomaly over central Canada.  clearly what this is...   attribution --> cold piece of shit

imagine this were October 15 ?   this is how we've been getting these October/Halloween snow airs if not actually snowing. 

• Like 2

sun is april 20-like .. still warm enough to heat things up.  

850's appear to +6 to 8c-ish, which if we mixed that high and actually get more sun we could still 72 or so down here along the cp.  probably won't mix that high but it doesn't matter because the atm is adiabatically stable, so 900 or 850 probably ends up with similar sfc ranges.   a NW d-slope trajectory not hurting. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Who will hit the pool and beach today for some late summer fun?!! Who will go, go, go?!

Sun's out guns out. Perfect day for yard work no sticky  no sweat, no shirt no shoes no problem. Will definitely hit the pool after the 5 to 6 hr yard garden work.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1