Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Into the 50s by 7pm.  What planet is this?

Jacqueline Weyman, 43, who noted that she and her husband were currently enjoying their fourth summer away from the ever-hotter temperatures plaguing the Midwest. “We contacted our real estate attorney, he showed us some Hubble telescope photos of available properties, and within a month we were closing on a five-bedroom ranch just east of the Great Red Spot.”

According to the ASTA report, Jupiter’s brisk, breezy climate is one of its biggest draws. With wind speeds above 300 miles per hour and a refreshing atmosphere composed of 90 percent hydrogen, the gas giant is ideal for those with active lifestyles who want to maximize their time outdoors in the summer. 

https://theonion.com/more-affluent-americans-beating-heat-by-summering-on-cooler-planet/

• Haha 1

If the temperature during this stretch dips below 47F, it'll be the coolest reading in two months here.

It still blows my mind that our mid-summer normal minimum temperature is in the low-50s and it has gotten below 50F exactly twice (49F and 47) since JUNE!

Like only twice in 7 weeks has the low temperature gotten 5 degrees below normal.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

If the temperature during this stretch dips below 47F, it'll be the coolest reading in two months here.

It still blows my mind that our mid-summer normal minimum temperature is in the low-50s and it has gotten below 50F exactly twice (49F and 47) since JUNE!

Like only twice in 7 weeks has the low temperature gotten 5 degrees below normal.

Those higher mins keep driving the decadal normals higher and they’ll keep heading that way…but hey, it’s all cyclical apparently. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

image.png

image.png

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, dendrite said:

image.png

image.png

That's fukking wild.  It does dip below normal a few times, but just by a couple/few degrees.  Getting -5 on the low is once a month... while then on the positive side it goes back up to +10 to +15 at least excuse possible.  It's not like the highs haven't been above normal either, but August maxes have had those below normal rainy days.  The overnight temperatures are driving the bus here.

Top graph led to a +5 type month and bottom is +3 so far.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yes the below 70s dews are nice.

I jumped the gun there for you, but it’s coming.  Open ‘em up and air it out later tonight.

I may be going a bit wild :lol:, but it’s nice to see the atmosphere can do something other than humid/warm again as the seasonal change fires one across the bow.

Don’t like the waning sunlight though. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I jumped the gun there for you, but it’s coming.  Open ‘em up and air it out later tonight.

I may be going a bit wild :lol:, but it’s nice to see the atmosphere can do something other than humid/warm again as the seasonal change fires one across the bow.

Don’t like the waning sunlight though. 

I can't wait until it's dark by 4pm.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1