Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, Modfan2 said:

Weird here in the east, is felt more humid earlier but now decent breeze and feels less humid. 

Kind of same feel earlier west of Hartford. Temp and humidity dropped and wind kicked up as it approached 

40 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I feel like I relate to you every time you post something about the CON mins back in the day, lol.

Like looking at an AVERAGE min of 53F would make one believe half the nights should be below that.

Yesterday was a great example of how we are torching and getting these departures.

Average is 77/53.  Actual was 70/65.  Most locations graded below normal yesterday.  But we were +3 in the means.  -7 max and +12 min.

Prime example of how our monthly departures are so high, even when it’s “cool” it’s warm.

MVL…

IMG_0542.jpeg.2dd38ad8da6b38bd25a3c09baf144d13.jpeg

Preaching to the choir

image.png

But you’re right. 47 should be about as easy to achieve at CON as 67 right now…and that’s with relatively new 30yr normals too.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I feel like I relate to you every time you post something about the CON mins back in the day, lol.

Like looking at an AVERAGE min of 53F would make one believe half the nights should be below that.

Yesterday was a great example of how we are torching and getting these departures.

Average is 77/53.  Actual was 70/65.  Most locations graded below normal yesterday.  But we were +3 in the means.  -7 max and +12 min.

Prime example of how our monthly departures are so high, even when it’s “cool” it’s warm.

MVL…

IMG_0542.jpeg.2dd38ad8da6b38bd25a3c09baf144d13.jpeg

Oh I got it, you mean fake torch. No one's out hiking saying boy Is it hot.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Haven’t you had a bajillion inches of rain this warm season?

A boatload of rain 5+ inches per month . But no solid severe or direct hits . Boring rain . One or two good lightning storms with close hits . Every severe or big storm has run from HFD to Coventry . Just south of 84

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Do you how warm +1.2 is.. especially at 1k.. lol

I think it's about 1.2° milder than the 1991-2020 normal at 1k.

For PF:  Our current +0.9° divides to maxima at -1.5 and minima at +3.4, almost 5° lower than the average diurnal range.

42 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Oh I got it, you mean fake torch. No one's out hiking saying boy Is it hot.

I just go by the mean temperatures as that’s the gold standard metric for temps and how it affects the natural environment.

If the average temperature is 5 degrees above the new warm baseline, the natural environment is torching… how it affects growing seasons, habitats, etc.  Don’t care how it gets there necessarily.

And I mean we joke about nighttime mins… but no one had A/C here 15 years ago.  Literally no one.  It gets down to 52F on average like the min says, everyone is fine windows open.  We now sit like 60-65F+ at night and everyone has A/C.  The torch has impacts.

• Like 1