Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

36 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

7.82” today as we prepare for round 2 now. Hopefully this stuff is more progressive but adding any more water at this point is awful. 

Another 1"-2" into saturated ground and swollen streams will be bad.  I can't imagine how many flooded basements there are.  Man caves destroyed.

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Another 1"-2" into saturated ground and swollen streams will be bad.  I can't imagine how many flooded basements there are.  Man caves destroyed.

Yea mine is dry. Live on a good piece of elevated property. With that said, lost power 20min ago and we easily lose power around these parts…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, psv88 said:

Flooded by Watertown and Waterbury…guess we know how the towns got their names…

These are all the same areas that got destroyed in 1955.  Army Corp of Engineers then designed and built several dams around here to deal with something similar.  But a lot of those feeder rivers today were just roaring like nothing seen before.  I can't imagine how the Housatonic is handling this.  

The other thing to consider is all the sewage plants along the Naugatuck river that were flooded; the untreated effluent was just washed into the river.  

i witnessed the housatonic/naugatuck confluence (derby) a couple hours ago. both rivers were raging and well above normal levels. the naugatuck rose 2-3 feet from 6:15pm to 7:15pm. i saw tires and trees floating, possibly a vehicle, along with other assorted detritus. thankfully derby is on very high ground and safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea mine is dry. Live on a good piece of elevated property. With that said, lost power 20min ago and we easily lose power around these parts…

There goes Madden. You weren't going to win anyway with your case of firebrain.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Jesus. Was that a river? If that was a creek that’s incredible.

Not sure but it looks nuts.
I can’t believe how casual they were being about it.  
I guess if you’re going to be trapped somewhere a bar and restaurant is not so bad. Lol

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Jesus. Was that a river? If that was a creek that’s incredible.

Is Oxford a place with all the strip joints or is that Oxford Mass? I got to be pretty intoxicated to be dragged to one of those joints so I'm never quite sure of the state.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Is Oxford a place with all the strip joints or is that Oxford Mass? I got to be pretty intoxicated to be dragged one of those joints so I'm never quite sure of the state.

Oxford is pretty nice and developed nowadays no strip joints , back 10-15 years ago might have been a different story 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Oxford is pretty nice and developed nowadays no strip joints , back 10-15 years ago might have been a different story 

They built a “downtown” area in Oxford filled with newer apartments , restaurants etc. it definitely has improved. That video is looking towards a mini golf place I was at only a month or so ago. Feel bad for them, it’s a family run place. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1