Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I didn't say a signal for 14" of rain. I said there was a signal for "a lot of rain". 

No there really wasn’t . Not in CT . Any heavy rain was supposed to be NY and NJ. CT was support to have a mainly dry weekend with a few late day showers today. It is the biggest bust in history. Not debatable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No there really wasn’t . Not in CT . Any heavy rain was supposed to be NY and NJ. CT was support to have a mainly dry weekend with a few late day showers today. It is the biggest bust in history. Not debatable.

well I mean if anyone thought or was forecasting a dry forecast in CT not sure what they were looking at. 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

I didn't say a signal for 14" of rain. I said there was a signal for "a lot of rain". 

k....

no one gets credit for this, which transcends any indicators from last Friday.  just so we're clear.   you came in an meh'ed the fugger 2 hours ago and we may see 15+ in 6 hours here, and that's exceedingly rare.

the point here is,   these meso "bombs" are over performing relative to the phenomenon of "positive busts".   There's something else going on...    

• Like 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

k....

no one gets credit for this, which transcends any indicators from last Friday.  just so we're clear.   you came in an meh'ed the fugger 2 hours ago and we may see 15+ in 6 hours here, and that's exceedingly rare.

the point here is,   these meso "bombs" are over performing relative to the phenomenon of "positive busts".   There's something else going on...    

I didn't meh it...all I said was there was a signal for heavy rain two days ago. But I agree with your last sentence. 

26 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

For those between Hartford and Water"buried" CT that are currently suffering a water deficit, you can feel much better about things as this is coming for tomorrow...

image.png.fb7b03c208365574ba094b3b8dc20252.png

Rename the area DC, so it splits in half and misses them.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

We better hope a tropical system doesn’t come along shortly…

Just imagine getting a tropical system which produces these totals on a more widespread level. You would hope forward speed would be enough to negate that but its pretty scary when you think about that potential. 

2 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Ehhh the signals were there for a lot of rain. Mentioned that Friday but everyone was too busy worried about a fake tropical threat and the colors of 8-14D WPC maps

sorry... I'm just a cave man and these  common vernacularisms of typing escape me ... but 'ehhh' comes off as flippantly dismissive of people being shocked by this.

Everyone very much should be shocked and appalled at a foot+ of zero notification explosions of water.  

I'm bustin ur balliez a little here .. but seriously, there's nothing about Friday that suggested anything like this.  

We seem to be in an era now where a whole dimension of atmospheric phenomenon can not be foreseen by this state of technology that's in place.  fascinating   

• Like 3

Just now, Amped said:

Rename the area DC, so it splits in half and misses them.

You stop that talk right now :lol: 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Just imagine getting a tropical system which produces these totals on a more widespread level. You would hope forward speed would be enough to negate that but it’s pretty scary when you think about that potential. 

Just need an Henri type pattern to collapse the steering flow or a stronger Debby that stayed offshore and pulled that PRE closer and there you have it. 

• Like 1