Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Maybe more cloud condensation nuclei in the air due to the smoke too?

that's an interesting thought.   I dunno.

either way it was going to be a water boarding when there's a ESE/SE inflow from sfc to 850, while over top, a SW flow with an elevated PWAT anomaly.  There's also a subtle yet discerned 300 mb jet acceleraton nosing across LI sound between 12z and 18z today, and that's going to physically enhance UVM along that axis right where we saw the training - makes sense there. 

1 hour ago, FXWX said:

Amazing the number of locally excessive rainfall events we have seen over the past 2 or 3 years across the Northeast.

Agreed ... I asked the question an hour ago if anyone had notice this:  the "busts" behaviors are like over-achieving relative to bust phenomenon? 

It's like we used bust by doubles or triples.    We've been seeing order of magnitude bombs going off - not exaggerating, objective numbers!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

I didn't read any discussions or forecasts for today/tomorrow so not sure what the communication on it was. Granted I didn't look heavily myself but on Friday I thought the signals were there for "alot of rain". But these events are extremely challenging to forecast. I am not sure if you can even really forecast something like (especially to pin-point locally) this well in-advance just because of the mesoscale factors that tend to be in play. I mean how can you really pin-point exactly where training will occur, what rates will be, and the duration of those rates? Similar with winter storms...can be impossible to figure out exactly where that narrow band of intense snow/totals will occur until you see the pieces lining up. 

Yeah ...the signal was clear that 14" of rain would happen... 

lol   c'mon

• Haha 2

Little surprised that none of local news channels have broken in similar to a tornado warning; we are in a pretty emergent situation that they should be breaking into 3 on 3 Bball, PGA Tour Golf, Indiana Fever game

Just now, Modfan2 said:

Little surprised that none of local news channels have broken in similar to a tornado warning; we are in a pretty emergent situation that they should be breaking into 3 on 3 Bball, Liv Golf, Indiana Fever game

Just saw on Facebook “hundreds” are stranded on an island on lake zoar . 14.5” and counting there 

4 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Just saw on Facebook “hundreds” are stranded on an island on lake zoar . 14.5” and counting there 

Can’t even fathom….we had only .30 and some showers with broken sky here in E CT. 

15 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

For those between Hartford and Water"buried" CT that are currently suffering a water deficit, you can feel much better about things as this is coming for tomorrow...

image.png.fb7b03c208365574ba094b3b8dc20252.png

Thank God. It's been a little Stein around here.

• Haha 1