• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

...Was going to the Metallica show tonight at Gillette, but now, not so sure I want to endure banging my head with 60k people dressed in black (mostly dudes) in the late afternoon during satanically hot, and hellish heat.  But, if I wait until the Sunday show I will surely be riding the lightning while the storms pass right over the stadium.  Either way it's a loss. 

• Haha 5

...Was going to the Metallica show tonight at Gillette, but now, not so sure I want to endure banging my head with 60k people dressed in black (mostly dudes) in the late afternoon during satanically hot, and hellish heat.  But, if I wait until the Sunday show I will surely be riding the lightning while the storms pass right over the stadium.  Either way it's a loss. 

I'm going tonight with my son and a few friends. Can't wait!
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, butterfish55 said:
43 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Metallica and Pantera. Just a night of violence. Love it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The concern is growing. 

Serious question...When ever he expresses concern, has it ever been justified?  Meaning, have drought conditions adversely affected our region as a whole in a manner where the end result has been dire, and legit doom to plant life?  Has their been suffering and pain due to a New England drought during the lifetime of Stein?

I'm not talking about backyard herb garden drought and famine.

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Could see it straddling the Pike to Route 2 area . North floodis and south dews hear storms 

Wouldn’t surprise me to see a day or two where I’m 65° and rain while you’re +1ing. 

1 hour ago, butterfish55 said:
2 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

You will have a good time.  I've seen them 6 times, but all between 1986 and 1992.  The last time was the Metallica/ Guns & Roses / Faith No More tour at the old Foxboro stadium. 

That stadium tour was the show of the year back then...tough ticket to get.  I think of the entire stadium tour, only 4 or so cities did not completely sell out...probably in the mid-west.  All kinds of drama during it as well, a pyro incident and Hetfield's arm, Axl Rose doing tool-ish Axl Rose sh.it (puking on stage and causing trouble), and I think Faith No More getting fired from the tour shortly after the Foxboro show.  The singer pissed on some stage equipment or something like that. 

Quick, dumb story about it...I was in college at the time, and when I got back to campus my friends were all laughing, telling me I was on the news.  ...Apparently, there was a reporter in the parking lot, interviewing people before the show.  I was in the background, leaning up against a tree, smoking a joint, and holding a can of Bud.  They saw it on the 11pm news.

You will probably never see a set list as awesome as this again (even with the meh tunes)...
Creeping Death
Harvester of Sorrow
Sanitarium
Sad But True (meh)
Wherever I may Roam
Of Wolf and Man
For Whom The Bell tolls
Unforgiven
Shortest Straw
Fade To Black
Master of Puppets
Seek & Destroy
Whiplash
Nothing Else Matters (meh)
Am I Evil
Last Caress
One
Sandman (meh)
Some instrumental solos in there somewhere

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

You will have a good time.  I've seen them 6 times, but all between 1986 and 1992.  The last time was the Metallica/ Guns & Roses / Faith No More tour at the old Foxboro stadium. 

That stadium tour was the show of the year back then...tough ticket to get.  I think of the entire stadium tour, only 4 or so cities did not completely sell out...probably in the mid-west.  All kinds of drama during it as well, a pyro incident and Hetfield's arm, Axl Rose doing tool-ish Axl Rose sh.it (puking on stage and causing trouble), and I think Faith No More getting fired from the tour shortly after the Foxboro show.  The singer pissed on some stage equipment or something like that. 

Quick, dumb story about it...I was in college at the time, and when I got back to campus my friends were all laughing, telling me I was on the news.  ...Apparently, there was a reporter in the parking lot, interviewing people before the show.  I was in the background, leaning up against a tree, smoking a joint, and holding a can of Bud.  They saw it on the 11pm news.

You will probably never see a set list as awesome as this again (even with the meh tunes)...
Creeping Death
Harvester of Sorrow
Sanitarium
Sad But True (meh)
Wherever I may Roam
Of Wolf and Man
For Whom The Bell tolls
Unforgiven
Shortest Straw
Fade To Black
Master of Puppets
Seek & Destroy
Whiplash
Nothing Else Matters (meh)
Am I Evil
Last Caress
One
Sandman (meh)
Some instrumental solos in there somewhere

No Bad Seed?

1 hour ago, NotSureWeather said:

I'm honestly curious what the draw is for hot and humid weather? Better chances for severe weather? I just sweat and am miserable lol

Remember the kid that ate worms in second grade? Those are them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18:40 84.2 66.2 71.6 55 21.9   SW 29.68   29.87 Mostly Cloudy 10.00 5500              
18:37 84.0 66.9 72.0 57 27.6 40.3 WSW 29.68   29.87 Thunder, Squalls 10.00 5500 40.3 WSW          
18:35 84.2 68.0 72.7 58 28.8 34.5 WSW 29.68   29.87 Squalls 10.00 5500              
18:30 91.4 71.6 76.9 53 21.9 35.7 SW 29.69   29.88 Mostly Cloudy 10.00 5500