Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

4 hours ago, BrianW said:

Yeah. I'm out on Pt Judith for vacation. Finally some surf as its been so calm all week. Made for great fishing though. I went out on the Lady Frances fishing on Thursday and the staff said the day before someone caught a juvenile great white right off Pt Judith. They said it hung around for awhile and just swam around the boat. 

Screenshot_20240817_103110_Gallery.thumb.jpg.c5d80650a7ad330cc7d0a1b655eea9a2.jpg

https://turnto10.com/news/local/rhode-island-fishermen-encounter-great-white-shark-southern-new-england-narragansett-lady-frances-fleet-sharks-wild-life-ocean-water-august-14-2024

A friend of my cousin was spearfishing off Race Rock and had a juvenile great white come at him recently. Had to stab it several times to get it to back off. Probably attracted to the fish he had tied to his belt. First time I've ever heard of great whites being around Fishers.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Only giving a +1. Sorry.

About the same here, should finish about 70/60 against an average of 75/53.  Cloudy thru 2 PM with enough early mist to wet the gravel in the driveway, then some filtered sunny breaks though it's cloudy again.

50 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s been sunny / partly sunny since noon 

Lucky you.  Crappy here all day.  Clouds, toxic Canadian fumes, cool.  So I stayed in and listened to Lex Fridman interview Frank Wilczek et al, and watched planes take off from JFK on flightradar24.  

What a pit of a climate this part of the country is evolving into. 

Summer's are a veritable atmospheric drainage ditch now, where a mash up of continental pollutants, smoke, and DPs form this cesspool.      Summers have been doing this since 2020, maybe 2018.  4 of 'em and counting

• Like 1