Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Chickens asking why the bike came speeding down the road.
That said, OUCH!!!   But I still like chickens, even after Houdini the SNJ rooster punched a hole in my shin last May.  (He thought I was getting too chummy with his hens as I brought out some veggie scrap food for them.)

Very hazy sunshine this afternoon after the cloudy morning, temp low 70s.

I got a weenie from you. That may be a first. :lol:

• Haha 2

On a positive note our friendly backyard turkeys have returned for the upteenth time this season to dine on dropped sunflower seeds. It’s pretty cool to see them just trotting out of the woods out of nowhere and casually making their way over to the feeders.

IMG_0346.jpeg

• Like 4

We take!

Tuesday and Beyond...

Cold front should be east of the region by late Tuesday, which will
result in an early fall airmass filtering into the region; dewpoints
are expected to fall back into the 50s by late Tuesday evening.
Strong ridging develops across the central CONUS by mid week but the
northeast looks to remain on the eastern edge of the ridge, with
resulting prolonged NW flow. Thus, expecting a very pleasant,
tranquil mid to late week with highs right around average (70s/low
80s), with low rain chances and comfortable humidity.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Remember when you posted last week that this week would be Coc k? 

He sure does. Below normal temperatures for the past 5 days. Oh, and you wanted BDR? Only four out of five. Torch!

Screenshot_20240816_184304_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, kdxken said:

He sure does. Below normal temperatures for the past 5 days. Oh, and you wanted BDR? Only four out of five. Torch!

Screenshot_20240816_184304_Chrome.jpg

Rained 3 out of 5 days this work week and dews 62-72 all week . Horrific bust for you. You’ve busted all summer.. but this one took the cake . Get better 

• Confused 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Rained 3 out of 5 days this work week and dews 62-72 all week . Horrific bust for you. You’ve busted all summer.. but this one took the cake . Get better 

Just tip the cap and move on. You'll feel better. It hasn't been hot, it's not getting hot . Everyone struggles at times. Best of luck with your future forecasts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

where did the Dew reach 72? even BDL only pulled off 67

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well they did happen. At any rate COC k is when dews are under 60. So the ACATT busted again this week. Next week will have a few days of 80/ 54 though. That will happen .. 

meh I think it will be hard for me or you to reach 80.. Might get warm at the end of August for a bit though

3 hours ago, kdxken said:

While we're on the subject of chickens. My niece's favorite time of year. The fall brood. Probably too cold in New Hampshire for that. 

image000000.jpg

Reminds me of one Easter, I was about 6-7 my sisters were 3-4 and my uncle showed up with a donut box, we opened it up and there were a half a dozen chicks, we put them in a bigger box but my father took them to the nearest chicken farm against our protests the next morning.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Wow!

It’s crazy to me that you can just stare into the sun with the naked eye with this smoke.  Not sure if you should but not immediately blinded lol.

Since I know it’s usually a topic… no post processing there but I did take the photo a stop down below what normally would be called for to limit the light entering the lens and make the sun really pop (but landscape gets darker). Basically under-exposed it slightly.  Used the camera settings to my advantage instead of just shooting and then altering it later on the computer.

• Like 2