Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Why can't I ever see anything like that????

Freaking ridiculous. I take a couple weeks during the summer and go around for storms and see shit but people get videos and pictures of funnel clouds, wall clouds, tornadoes, FROM PARKING LOTS OF STORES, FARMS, THEIR HOUSES, SIDE OF HIGHWAYS. Its b**********

You need to George Costanza the weather for awhile.   Ignore it ... and she'll come to you -

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Looks like the areal coverage is shrinking now ... but I'm pretty well convinced that this was in part neg feedback from smoke layering/ inhibiting insolation causing delay.  

It’s been smoky with no clouds all day. Any fog was ENE . The smoke is thicker than any we had last year. The sky is milky white with thick smell of smoke / burning plastic 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s been smoky with no clouds all day. Any fog was ENE . The smoke is thicker than any we had last year. The sky is milky white with thick smell of smoke / burning plastic 

This may explain your poor forecasting skills as of late. 

Screenshot_20240814_065011_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 8
  • Sad 1

Just now, dendrite said:

The marine layer is actually saving us from the smoke since we can’t mix down the trash air from above. 

Yeah, not getting any smell like a few days last year.  It was literally nauseating a couple days last year.  Had to get myself one of those high merv filters for the central air system.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Screenshot_20240816_131643_Chrome.jpg

the chicken pic just brought me back to tuesday night whereby at 25mph I struck a chicken (think it was a rooster) with my road bike. Another cycling season cut short thanks to two broken ribs, a wrist and finger. Need surgery for finger next week. In Kevin Harts Tom Brady roast voice, "fawk you chicken"! The chicken was almost dead until the neighbor grabbed it from the road and put it out of its misery. Lots of Why did the chicken cross the road jokes from my cycling friends this week

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

the chicken pic just brought me back to tuesday night whereby at 25mph I struck a chicken (think it was a rooster) with my road bike. Another cycling season cut short thanks to two broken ribs, a wrist and finger. Need surgery for finger next week. In Kevin Harts Tom Brady roast, "fawk you chicken"! The chicken was almost dead until the neighbor grabbed it from the road and put it out of its misery. Lots of Why did the chicken cross the road jokes from my cycling friends this week

Sorry, but I’ll always take the chicken’s side. 

• Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

the chicken pic just brought me back to tuesday night whereby at 25mph I struck a chicken (think it was a rooster) with my road bike. Another cycling season cut short thanks to two broken ribs, a wrist and finger. Need surgery for finger next week. In Kevin Harts Tom Brady roast voice, "fawk you chicken"! The chicken was almost dead until the neighbor grabbed it from the road and put it out of its misery. Lots of Why did the chicken cross the road jokes from my cycling friends this week

That sucks ! Best of luck with your recovery.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

82/68.  Hazey sun. 

70/67 strata ass packed ... 5 min west or east is sunny

i've noticed this about the nashoba valley area at this end of rt 'turbid' shits 2, when the strata is stagnant, this town is literally not just figuratively the last place to clear in mass 

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

70/67 strata ass packed ... 5 min west or east is sunny

i've noticed this about the nashoba valley area at this end of rt 'turbid' shits 2, when the strata is stagnant, this town is literally not just figuratively the last place to clear in mass 

Being a RT 2 warrior for so many years, there’s something else I’ve noticed. If there is even a hint of rain in the forecast you will most likely find it precipitating in the Fitchburg/Leominster area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

Chickens asking why the bike came speeding down the road.
That said, OUCH!!!   But I still like chickens, even after Houdini the SNJ rooster punched a hole in my shin last May.  (He thought I was getting too chummy with his hens as I brought out some veggie scrap food for them.)

Very hazy sunshine this afternoon after the cloudy morning, temp low 70s.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

I want to laugh but I can't because you got hurt, interesting story though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Sun and smoke here.

I keep waiting for this layer of crap to burn off but this air mass does not want to budge. Friggin reminds me of the rotting ulls we tend to get in mid April that take an eternity to depart. And of course, that damn smoke way above isn’t helping our cause either. I guess we embrace the smoky, salty and moist cocs for the next few days?