Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

1.  Show me that kdxken ever said that.  

2.  Cutting wood for a living tends to make one extra sensitive to TDs.

Not much sun today though it's sticky.  Struggling to get past 70.  Storms are currently circling around our area, but some from the north might come for a visit. 

Daughter's doodle wants no part of it.

In this morning's TS our 9-y.o. yellow Lab mix was panting at over 200 breaths per minute, and she had an awful time the night before with 6 hours of th8under between 6 yesterday and 4:30 this AM.

We just gave our little bichon a veterinary approved sedative to calm her down for occasions such as this. She really struggles to deal with any of these types of weather events. I swear they must be able to sense when the pressure is dropping as she will literally be shaking hours before any storms roll through. Meanwhile our borderline feral outdoor cat barely even flinches when he hears thunder. Talk about polar opposites lol.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Hoth said:

Also, anyone hear about a plane crash in SECT? I saw something fiery spiral out of the sky when I was on the water earlier. Set fire on the ground wherever it came down too. Didn’t see anything on local news.  

I'm in Narragansett on vacation and someone who was supposed to take a train here is delayed because there is a big brush fire near Misqmiciut effecting the tracks. Probably from a lighting strike. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

How this one evaporates before reaching me may have all timer potential. 

0TGXce8.png

1 hour ago, CT Valley Snowman said:

Looks to be weakening.  Had a good storm here. Some decent wind, rain, CG and hail just to my west.

FB_IMG_1723758877244.jpg

Woodshed.

0.00”

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91qy02qht4w2w00oezbk

• Like 1
  • Haha 4