Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Buyer beware with warm oceans and tropical systems . These ideas of summer over and a chilly week next week are a bit “on shaky ground” 

Ha fair enough, wasn’t sure you saw some prog that was noticeably warmer.

No one thinks summer is over but you’re going to be in the 70s for a couple/few days there at elevation.  Maybe you can hold onto dews near 60F to hug above the lawn and under the forest canopy, but you’ll be well into the 70s for highs at 1,000ft.  Maybe a couple 74/59 days?

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha fair enough, wasn’t sure you saw some prog that was noticeably warmer.

No one thinks summer is over but you’re going to be in the 70s for a couple/few days there at elevation.  Maybe you can hold onto dews near 60F to hug above the lawn and under the forest canopy, but you’ll be well into the 70s for highs at 1,000ft.  Maybe a couple 74/59 days?

I don’t think you can say that with confidence with Debbie lurking. Canes have been known to change whole patterns . Premature to call for dry cool days 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’lll post what he has for his “on air” forecast and we’ll see how a human changes what a wx app spits out 

Let’s revisit the Davis app forecast next week

image.png

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t think you can say that with confidence with Debbie lurking. Canes have been known to change whole patterns . Premature to call for dry cool days 

True, given the general state of the climate, if this corrects one way, the money is on it going warmer. 

22 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I’m sure he had 980ft in Tolland in mind when he made that.

It’s likely going to mild down just a bit next week . But the point of this exercise was to show the wx app guys like Kenneth that you can’t use them to forecast your wx . How many times he’s posted then this summer with cool temps and sun and they ended up like today . You just shake your head and move forward . It’s all you can do. We can only teach and instruct so much 

Looks like a shot at a heat wave this week.  Today, tomorrow ... Saturday? 

Folks talking about ending summer - for those that embrace and enjoy summer, however, I suppose we just hideout and enjoy the here and now.  

This will make the 3rd official for my location.   Otherwise, it's been an 89er summer ... with as usual, unusually elevated lows. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

It really is a classic summer evening. You can see frogs hopping around, cicadias chirping, the odd firework going off. It’s truly a magical time of year! Now if only I could figure out how these darn moths and June bugs keep getting inside, then this evening would be even better. Those things are popping up everywhere!

• Like 2

It’s still 84F at BOS, 83F at BDL and 78F at ORH… late night.

84F at BOS on the water after 10pm is just straight tropical.  BDL same vibe.  Even at 1,000ft it’s Key West.

Also interesting that the hottest evening readings are at the three major SNE climo spots.

IMG_0376.gif.e9dc329612a818522619acebccf636c6.gif

• Like 2

9 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It’s still 84F at BOS, 83F at BDL and 78F at ORH… late night.

84F at BOS on the water after 10pm is just straight tropical.  BDL same vibe.  Even at 1,000ft it’s Key West.

Also interesting that the hottest evening readings are at the three major SNE climo spots.

IMG_0376.gif.e9dc329612a818522619acebccf636c6.gif

7 AM temp is 5 degrees less warm than yesterday at that time.  Yesterday's low was the warmest of the summer here, punctuated by a 3-minute 0.08" shower arriving at 5:05 PM - teeny tiny pop-up.

Looks like after any mild down next week, we get AN and more humid again. However with the trough over the east, I'm not sold on super oppressive air yet.

Nice Rockies ridge, if only we had that 5 months from now lol.

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like after any mild down next week, we get AN and more humid again. However with the trough over the east, I'm not sold on super oppressive air yet.

Nice Rockies ridge, if only we had that 5 months from now lol.

solid analysis. 

personally ...I'd suggest there's possibility for a more than just AN.   

( altho - it almost seems we have to "attribute study" every AN now to know if its the pattern or something else.   One could be right about the pattern, but CC makes it +1 blah blah )

Anyway, there's signs among the various guidance for heights to rise beyond D7 out N-NE of HA over the Pac ... transmitting an albeit weak, but there nonetheless, telecon for lowering height exertion over the western continent.  Meanwhile, the NAO appears to be rising positive independent of that - so it seems... - which signals rising heights in the OV/MA and NE.  

The combo of both those is playing with fire (haha).

image.png
Kind of a +gradient pattern the next couple of weeks with the sfc boundary hanging around. Maybe I can finally get some consistent rain again. Could end up more torchy if those fronts and cP airmasses lose their oomph. But yeah, I’d lean on healthily AN on the month as a whole.

• Thanks 1