Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

17 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

feels like cool pool days in the Summer actually pan out more often than not .. maybe a couple marginal severe hailers? 

yeah would not be surprised to see some hailers out there today. Wouldn't be surprised to see some transient supercells either towards the east, closer to the sea-breeze boundary.  

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

After not seeing an actual lightning bolt for 2 years, I saw a dozen beauties in Skowhegan/Norridgewock while driving home from our 2-day forestry trip to northern Maine - Allagash/New Canada/Eagle Lake.  My wife was hearing thunder from 6 PM on but the rain didn't arrive until 8:10, about 2 minutes after I'd carted my trip duffel into the house.  (It usually doesn't happen that nicely.)  Rain and thunder thru 10:30, another bout from 3:15 to 4:30 AM (1.36" total for both) then #3 from8:45-10 this morning for another ~0.4", plus one strike within a mile (4 sec.) that gave us a pop from the service panel - no damage, thankfully.  Forecast says more to come this afternoon.

The smoke/haze was especially thick in the north on Tuesday and Wednesday, probably today as well if the clouds break.

• Like 1

Dew point up to 63.  Today you can feel it. Just as I can feel the yellow jackets:fulltilt: So much for that theory. Got stuck right on top of a nest. Log in front and rocks behind. Couldn't back the trailer up fast enough without them being all over me. Had to carefully cut the log and rodeo mount the ATV to minimize the damage. Some days just suck...

20240815_102839.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Dew point up to 63.  Today you can feel it. Just as I can feel the yellow jackets:fulltilt: So much for that theory. Got stuck right on top of a nest. Log in front and rocks behind. Couldn't back the trailer up fast enough without them being all over me. Had to carefully cut the log and rodeo mount the ATV to minimize the damage. Some days just suck...

20240815_102839.jpg

Less than a week ago those dews were “ahhh, Coc k, refreshing” .. Now those same dews you can “feel it”

You ACATT guys are nut jobs 

• Haha 2

somewhat of an odd anomaly pressing slowly S through east-central NE.   It almost reminds me of one of those April/-NAO deals where you getting backing from a stalled Maritime spring stunter low.  'Cept the NAO isn't negative and there's no low up there.  still, the pattern retrogrades and is nosed by this showery thunder there

• Like 1