• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

Operational models trying to pick up on Scott's month ending heat.   Has that late August tired sun heat wave look in some of the runs.  It'd be 96 in July, but only 90 with shadows starting to slope. 

GGEM most aggressive and plumes an actual S. heat release by D9 ...  Euro doesn't have that even by D10 of the 00z.  GFS doesn't either, but it's got a pretty big heat signal in the gaga range right after that. 

10 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

I remember when I used to get t-storms in August. Hasn’t happened in several years now. Basically mid June thru the end of July for me 

We've had some good ones last few years? We had one two years ago that tore down trees. I drove through it in Dorchester, was one of the most intense ones I can recall.

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Definitely a little dewier than forecasted here and now raining. 80/62. Thanks!

lol.. I was watching that downpour heading your way . So far this week of Coc and dudes in suits has yielded 2 days of rain and heavy smoke. Wet, soiled suits . Chamber closed until late October 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

We've had some good ones last few years? We had one two years ago that tore down trees. I drove through it in Dorchester, was one of the most intense ones I can recall.

Maybe I was asleep or something or maybe just a bad memory lol 

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That line of training storms in W CT is hilarious. That’s just repeating downpours all afternoon for you folks . Coc k!

Just drove back from Waterbury to Bethlehem.  It was outrageous.  Little old ladies and gentlemen pulled to the sides of the roads.  

6 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

a lot of visible smoke on sat 

It's very smoky up here.  At least for the past 2 years it seems there are more big fires in Canada than previously. N and NW flows use to bring deep blue skies in NNE more often.

On a totally separate note about hurricanes and PREs.  Aren't PRE's in advance of the direction the hurricane is moving or can they be on the left side of the track too?  For instance, Ernie will move NNE off the coast but could SNE still get a PRE as it sideswipes us?

Smoke.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

It's very smoky up here.  At least for the past 2 years it seems there are more big fires in Canada than previously. N and NW flows use to bring deep blue skies in NNE more often.

On a totally separate note about hurricanes and PREs.  Aren't PRE's in advance of the direction the hurricane is moving or can they be on the left side of the track too?  For instance, Ernie will move NNE off the coast but could SNE still get a PRE as it sideswipes us?

Smoke.jpg

PREs can happen left, right, or directly ahead of the track. Just depends on the jet/trough orientation ahead. Doubt this is a PRE setup unless Ernesto ends up substantially further west. Which is unlikely. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That line of training storms in W CT is hilarious. That’s just repeating downpours all afternoon for you folks . Coc k!

Sucks to be you. Haven't had rain in days. Glad we don't live there. 

20240814_123851.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

All because of the increased dews today too. Thunder rumbling now while forecasts were for clear blue skies all day. Dews FTL.