• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

Just had a quick shower roll through. Was actually nice to see with this bone dry airmass over us. I will admit it does feel comfortable being outside but I wouldn’t mind another period of typical summer weather before the door fully closes on us, just to squeak out a few more beach days. It just never seems to last quite long enough in this part of the country but I honestly can’t complain amidst the backdrop of rising temps and much more tame winters. For now, we embrace the drier but still warm coc s of the back half of the season!

• Like 1

I just cannot believe how often it is cool in the summer up here. Truly incredible. Went for a walk this evening before the sun completely set and it was already down in the 60s!

Rain today happened but wasn't much of anything.

Saturday I went to Hammonasset and was pleased that the waves were a little more decent than normal. I even found a Whelk seashell (dirty, but not broken!). I was amazed!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WinterSnow said:

I just cannot believe how often it is cool in the summer up here. Truly incredible. Went for a walk this evening before the sun completely set and it was already down in the 60s!

Rain today happened but wasn't much of anything.

Saturday I went to Hammonasset and was pleased that the waves were a little more decent than normal. I even found a Whelk seashell (dirty, but not broken!). I was amazed!

The beauty of SNE we escape the HHH every summer with periods of dry cool days. We all appreciate the breaks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

How about the GFS turning on fall next weekend? 

It's gonna do that willingness often through Feb 15 ...then, when the sun starts coming back next spring ... ignore said sun and keep doing that before admitting for 20 minutes toward the end of next June that it's actually summer.   Struggling to admit that circumstantial reality ... it labors thru July and then next August, weiner runs start pumpin' out all over again

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Next 6-10 days looks climo and then maybe we humid back up with some warmer days last week of August. 

Looks nice. Not a torch in sight. Hey do you know any good websites for beer events? Getting to be that time of year.