Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
August "Ughust" 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, DavisStraight said:

I'd prefer that too but I like to build a pack that sticks around for a while like 2012, January was great, it stayed cold into February even though we didn't get much that month but some snow/sleet/freezing rain put a hard coat on top of a good pack. I remember walking across the top of it with my new puppy, great year. I'm not opposed to a 30+ incher either, I like the pack to stick around.

Def can agree with this - throw a couple mixed precip events after a warning level event and its bulletproof. TBH as long as whatever we get is in frozen form, I'm happy. 

27 minutes ago, ri_lurker1314 said:

Actually, this piques my curiosity. Can you block posts from specific users? I would like that!

yes and no.  you can, but if someone were to quote the post you'll end up seeing it anyway.  and in my experience the people that I block tend to get quoted a lot because they are often involved in arguments lol

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, DJln491 said:

yes and no.  you can, but if someone were to quote the post you'll end up seeing it anyway.  and in my experience the people that I block tend to get quoted a lot because they are often involved in arguments lol

Can you see this? Just checking...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ri_lurker1314 said:

Wasn't New England supposed to have complete grid failure a month back? And then non-stop 70 dews? And then? And then... 

You are Straw Man personified.

...only a miracle saved the entire grid from melting...

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, DavisStraight said:

I'd prefer that too but I like to build a pack that sticks around for a while like 2012, January was great, it stayed cold into February even though we didn't get much that month but some snow/sleet/freezing rain put a hard coat on top of a good pack. I remember walking across the top of it with my new puppy, great year. I'm not opposed to a 30+ incher either, I like the pack to stick around.

That looks more like 2011.  Jan 2012 here was AN and Feb way AN, then came the March furnace on 18-23. 
Only 2005-06 had fewer snow depth days, though 2015-16 was almost as low - 746 to 742.

from Tip:
By the way, the attribution studies are consummately informing that some powerful event or departure could not have taken place without the acceleration of the climate change... etc etc

While all time records (like the PWM tide on JAN 10) remain somewhat few. near record events are happening far more frequently than just 20 years ago.  One example is the nearby Sandy River - 1987 brought easily the greatest flood, but #2 and #5 have occurred in the past 15 months, about one 70th of the gage's POR (1929).

July 2024 retrospection:

Avg high:    77.5   +1.2     Warmest:  84, on 3 days
Avg. low:    58.3   +3.5    Coolest:  45, on the 22nd
Avg. mean: 67.9   +2.3    4th warmest of 27

Precip:  5.58"   +1.52"    Wettest day:  1.48" on the 10th.  The 11th had 1.37" but most came from a separate event.  3rd straight AN month and 6th of the last 8.

The month had 2 different characteristics.  1st thru 18th averaged 70.5°, which is 2.0° above our warmest July, 2010, and 5.1° above average.  With the warmest part of the month still to come, I thought a new champion was all but ensured.  Then 19th-31st had 64.3° which was -1.5, bringing the final average to 0.6° below 2010.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Good chance of it 1 maybe 2 days. 70s for temps.

If that cane is there all that moisture has to come north. What ACATT thinks is fall all week with jackets and hot chocolate while seeing logs ends up wet and moist. Cane changes the pattern . Again if it’s there as modeled 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If that cane is there all that moisture has to come north. What ACATT thinks is fall all week with jackets and hot chocolate while seeing logs ends up wet and moist. Cane changes the pattern . Again if it’s there as modeled 

I do love that if it’s not heat advisory levels you jump right to hot chocolate :lol:.  Like there’s no middle ground.

88/72 at MVL.  Steam bath.

• Thanks 2

Has been a while since seeing days and days of low to mid 70s for maxes.

Monday
Partly sunny with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s. Chance of rain 50 percent. 
Monday Night Through Wednesday
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s. Highs in the lower 70s. 
Wednesday Night And Thursday
Partly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 50s. Highs in the lower 70s.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tamarack said:

That looks more like 2011.  Jan 2012 here was AN and Feb way AN, then came the March furnace on 18-23. 
Only 2005-06 had fewer snow depth days, though 2015-16 was almost as low - 746 to 742.

from Tip:
By the way, the attribution studies are consummately informing that some powerful event or departure could not have taken place without the acceleration of the climate change... etc etc

While all time records (like the PWM tide on JAN 10) remain somewhat few. near record events are happening far more frequently than just 20 years ago.  One example is the nearby Sandy River - 1987 brought easily the greatest flood, but #2 and #5 have occurred in the past 15 months, about one 70th of the gage's POR (1929).

July 2024 retrospection:

Avg high:    77.5   +1.2     Warmest:  84, on 3 days
Avg. low:    58.3   +3.5    Coolest:  45, on the 22nd
Avg. mean: 67.9   +2.3    4th warmest of 27

Precip:  5.58"   +1.52"    Wettest day:  1.48" on the 10th.  The 11th had 1.37" but most came from a separate event.  3rd straight AN month and 6th of the last 8.

The month had 2 different characteristics.  1st thru 18th averaged 70.5°, which is 2.0° above our warmest July, 2010, and 5.1° above average.  With the warmest part of the month still to come, I thought a new champion was all but ensured.  Then 19th-31st had 64.3° which was -1.5, bringing the final average to 0.6° below 2010.

That's right, it was 2011, it started on 01/12/2011, that's why I keep thinking 2012.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

GFS generated weather apps is what folks resorting to now? How have those worked out this summer lol.

As an aside.. I’ve never blocked anyone on this site. Ignoring nasty folks and name callers  is another thing entirely 

What about ECMWF generated products?

What model do you want to use?

IMG_0374.thumb.png.e7c885428eb05caf004b979950750cfd.png

IMG_0375.thumb.png.b291f6d4fd93cf2d5e5728ab9773f022.png

• Haha 2